Wow that's alot of kool information right there , thank you!!!so it's called "evap coolers" ?

84 is ok as long as they have enough to drink.

Yeah swamp cooler, or evaporative cooler. There's a bunch of diys on YouTube. The simplest form is a bucket/tote with a fountain pump just pushing the water up in a stream and letting it fall back into the container.

Currently I dont have any plants in room as I'm in testing phase....I wanted to make sure the room was functioning properly before using my babies as tests , that is true, green crack strain can go up to 90 degrees even I read but most strains I've read are between 65-80F , I dont want to be limited in only growing those strains as I put alot of time and money into the project.....
I live in a tropical zone where our gardening season is actually winter because summers are pretty stressful. (I have a 10' tall tomatoes in my driveway right now!)
That being said I ordered a few strains by Mandala seeds that tests all of their genetics in greenhouses up to 120°, so if it can survive that I'll be fine in my garage!

Will 84 work tho? As of right now I bought a new fan and filter from vivosun that I'll use just for exhausting the room , and then I'll have another 6" duct strictly for my cool tube , completely seperate from room ventilation, when I run fan on full for the light , I can easily get it down to 71-72 , then my exhust venting for room I can run very low just for getting fresh air into room and get that slight negative pressure for smell aswell......I'll let you guys know how that works out , I would of just went led but bought the 1000w set up 6 years ago and sat in storage brand new , plus I researched that hps yields more typically , 1 video I watched , a guy had a big tent , half tent led and half hps , the hps side had bigger and fuller plants , both same exact strains , grown same time same everything :)

71/72 is too low for a daytime temp. 78-80 is just right. 84, as mentioned, is even doable. But that is push normal limits without other factors.

With warmer air, it can hold more water. Therefore with the same amount of water, a warmer temp will have a lower RH than a cooler temp.

71 overnight is fine. Even upper 60’s.

Well my ac unit is not duel hose. But I used it in my drying room. Got the temps down to 60 degrees and my humidity was at 47 percent. My unit is a hisense unit and it has three run options. Cool, fan, or dehumidifier. So I think that these units dont pull humidity out of the air. As I said time will tell in my grow room. Just ordered another unit and it will be here in the next few days.

Well my ac unit is not duel hose. But I used it in my drying room. Got the temps down to 60 degrees and my humidity was at 47 percent. My unit is a hisense unit and it has three run options. Cool, fan, or dehumidifier. So I think that these units dont pull humidity out of the air. As I said time will tell in my grow room. Just ordered another unit and it will be here in the next few days.

:rofl: nice try. I promise you it does. It's physics. Refrigeration is what I do.

Haha I'm not either, most of that's above my pay grade. But I do know refrigeration and the concepts that drive it. And that shit rolls down hill. Haha

For the cost of two portable AC units your approaching the cost of a mini split which usually cares a SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) almost double that of a portable unit and they're quiet and don't take up floor space.

Not to mention how much of a power hog the portable ACs are...it cost more to run it than my lights!
But yes, underneath a dehumidifier is just an AC without a blower fan.

That being said a swamp cooler would be the way to go. They now sell little desktop ones for cheap online.

Back
Top Bottom