Very Quick Question for an Experienced Soil Grower Please.

Budha123

3 week old clones in 3 inch rock wool cubes, roots just coming through bottom. Under 250W CFL's on 18/6. Very stable grow room. Temp / humidity / fans dialled in and all on auto.

Going away 7 nights. Cant ask anyone to help. Am a hydro grower & I dont know anything about soil growing.

QUESTION: If I potted my plants in soil or similar, could I give them a good feed (not drown them) the day I go out of town and expect them to survive 7 nights till I come back ?

if yes, what medium would give them the best chance ?

Many Thanks in advance..

Young plants like that in good soil won't need any feeding for a while. You mostly need to worry about them not drying out too much. I use a mixture 1 to 1 to 1 of Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Promix BX and Perlite. My mixture drains very well. I have to water every 3 days or so. If you cut out the perlite, the soil would not drain as quick. I think if you got them potted and roots started, you should be able to go 7 days. They may be a bit thirsty when you get home, but they are very resilient. I went as long as 5 days with my regular mixture. Good luck. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom