Volunteering at local Collective

leonardo

Hi all, there's a new dispensary in my small town and I want to work or volunteer there. I talked with the owner yesterday about it, and he said if I could do a little research online about how to let me volunteer there, he would let me. But I have no idea what he's looking for me to do?

Does anyone have any suggestions or know what he might mean? I really want to learn the industry and think this will be a great way for me to do that, so I've got to make this happen, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

It sounds to me like he wants to make sure you know how to protect yourself and his non-prof.

Read carefully and keep up to date.

https://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/press/pdfs/n1601_medicalmarijuanaguidelines.pdf

This shit changes and varies from county to county and town to town. I personally wouldn't allow someone to volunteer for me unless he/she was very well read. Knowing strains, vendors, and growing techniques is not good enough in my humble opinion. When you volunteer, you are the foot soldier on the front line. It would be very wise for you to ignore most of what I have said and independently verify these things for yourself. Yor life lesson is now complete grass hoppa. I wish you the absolute best.

Thanks greengo, those links are very helpful and I'll be sure to study them before I talk with the owner again. I would be picky with who I let work there too, but I took the Oaksterdam course last year and was taught all about working in dispensaries and legal issues, and I know the local laws here too.

I was thinking about drafting a one page volunteer form that generalizes some duties and expectations, and giving that to him with a resume and see if he wants to talk about it further. Do you think that would work? Any other advice?

As someone with many supervisor years under his belt I can tell you that anyone delegating any kind of responsibility would likely rub one out to some articulate and meaningful initiative. Hell, I used to assign nonsensical tasks to subordinates for the pure delight of observing their reaction.

The more effort you put into showing what you can bring to the table the greater the odds of you standing out to any person looking for help. What you show could be dissected further by your potential volunteer coordinator and allow for him/her to analyze how you could best serve that organization’s goals. Be honest, relentless and respectful. Use common sense and really think. Any leader worth a shit will spot this in you if you can effectively display some of these traits. If not, then fuck em. He/she is probably just blowing smoke up your ass to push out a few more sales.

Back
Top Bottom