VPD vs Grow Room Smell

Koolbudz

Basic setup details:
Humidifier set 50° (will kick on @ 55° and drop to 45° )
Dehumidifier set 50° (will go up to 52° and shut off)
AC set 72°
Heater set 65°
8" intake on from 67° and warmer

I have noticed if I go by VPD I get less smell than if I bump the humidity up 10%-ish which is still within the correct vpd range but more towards the being too humid at times but at this level it smells wonderful.

I also read something written about higher humidity producing better but its a very touchy situation due to disease etc.

Has anyone noticed similar situations or can enlighten me, yes I am aware of how humidity does effect how scent is carried through the air, but, it's a lot of difference, like mmmm bud or....nothing....

I'd think keeping it so cool in there would be more detrimental than a minor humidity shift. But that's just a guess; I don't grow "cool-weather" strains and, therefore, shoot for about 86°F during lights-on (assuming I am running a sufficient amount of lighting).

Interesting topic - thank you for posting the thread. I'll "be quiet" and follow along.

I can understand having to deal with one's environment. It was too cold in here all Winter to grow a plant.

I'm assuming it's a two fold deal. The higher atmospheric pressure makes the smell more available to your nasal receptors and the increase in pressure is also causing the plant to produce more of the smell good that your picking up.

Once you get a room dialed in you can feel when it drifts out of spec.

Back
Top Bottom