Wal-Mart Refuses To Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana

Warbux

Just when you think you've heard it all, a story comes along that simply blows your mind.

Such is the case for a former Wal-Mart employee who was fired after the company learned of his medical marijuana use.

Joseph Casias has sinus cancer and an inoperable brain tumor and uses medicinal marijuana to ease symptoms associated with the cancer he has.

When the company found out about his little habit, they fired him and will not hire him back.

"I gave them everything," Casias told Wzzm13.com. " 110 percent every day. Anything they asked me to do, I did. More than they asked me to do. Twelve to 14 hours a day."

It is stories such as this that give our country a bad name, but what makes this situation worse, is Wal-Mart's stance on the matter.

"This is just an unfortunate situation all around," said spokesman Greg Rossiter. "We're sympathetic to Mr. Casias' condition, but like other companies, we have to consider the overall safety of our customers and associates, including Mr. Casias, when making a difficult decision like this."

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: dbtechno.com
Author: N/A
Contact: Wal-Mart Refuses to Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana : dBTechno
Copyright: 2010 dbtechno.com
Website: Wal-Mart Refuses to Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana : dBTechno

Back
Top Bottom