Wanting To Understand Nutrients Better

mrking

I currently have an outdoor grow and it is going well. Following General Hydroponics Flora Series Schedule with Pro-Mix soil in 10 gal fabric pots. Simple enough.

However, I am trying to understand the feeding of nutrients a little better but google and 420Mag search is failing me. :)

I found an article of various ratios that are recommend for NPK at different phases of the cannabis plants growth and flowering stages but can't make the connection easily on how that applies to the actual NPK values on the GH bottles.

The NPK ratio for GH series nutes are:
  • Micro 5-0-1
  • Gro 2-1-6
  • Bloom 0-5-4

Lets take early veg, GH recommends:
  • Micro 5ml
  • Gro 5ml
  • Bloom 2.5ml
So how much nutrients is that actually? Are the GH NPK values per ml? In which case the final nutes added is:
  • N: 35 no idea what units of measure this would be.
  • P: 30
  • K: 55
If those in the know could explain it, that would be great. Thanks!

but google and 420Mag search is failing me.

That's strange. Typing:
Code:
what do the numbers on fertilizer mean
...into any web-search engine (including Google) should have given you a list of 16,000,000+ results. <SHRUGS>

can't make the connection easily on how that applies to the actual NPK values on the GH bottles.

Are the GH NPK values per ml?

The N-P-K numbers on fertilizer labels are percentages, by weight.

Yes, the stuff in jugs of liquid nutrients is really, really, really watered down. The bottle and label costs more than what's inside. It's a "bazillion-dollar" industry :rolleyes: .

That's strange. Typing:
Code:
...into any web-search engine (including Google) should have given you a list of 16,000,000+ results. <SHRUGS>
Well, treated like an idiot is always nice. Sigh. Blocking you after I post this.

Yes, the stuff in jugs of liquid nutrients is really, really, really watered down. The bottle and label costs more than what's inside. It's a "bazillion-dollar" industry :rolleyes: .
Good info, thanks.

Wow, buddy, I wasn't trying to wrinkle your mangina. I usually don't look to see who wrote the post I'm replying to, because I try to help everyone. But, rest assured, in the future, if I happen to notice that I am about to reply to one of your posts, I'll stop and go help someone that has sensibilities that are at least 3,750,000,000 times less tender than yours (IOW, someone who at least approaches "normalcy"). I'd hate to think that you had to have a good cry - over absolutely nothing - twice.

H
That's strange. Typing:
Code:

Hey guy I'm new to this forum but not new to growing but no expert. Sounds like your overthinking things. If your plants are in the ground don't worry too much about it. Imo, your better off with an organic fert but since you have these just mix them at a 1/4 strength. And away you go

Back
Top Bottom