Washington: Dispensaries Are Uneasy Over Medical Marijuana Bill

Jacob Redmond

Governor Inslee is expected to sign a bill to rein in unregulated medical pot shops, but many in the medical marijuana community aren't happy about it.

Jessy Williams with Northwest Cannabis Collective says the bill punishes the medical shops that are doing the right thing.

Williams says he's seen shops here voluntarily set higher standards and start to regulate themselves. He thinks medical pot shops in Whatcom County will therefore fare better than others if the bill is signed into law.

John Evich with Top Shelf Cannabis says state lawmakers are going about it all wrong. He says this should have gone before the voters just like I-502, which legalized recreational marijuana in 2012.

If signed into law, the bill would phase out collective gardens by next year.

The Washington Liquor Control Board would also be renamed the Liquor and Cannabis Board.

The board would then decide what shops would qualify to join a state system. Some shops could be forced to shut down if they don't meet the standards.

22246.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pot shops uneasy over medical marijuana bill | 790 KGMI
Author: Karen Taylor
Photo Credit: KGMI

if i had the money or financial backing i would sue them for not following the medical marijuana initiative to the letter, because they have no legal authority to tamper with it.

And that the big problem....those that have the money are already on the wrong side of the battle....looking to fill their coffers .....the hell with anything else.....just eliminate the competition...,that's the American way right now....stealing from those that don't fight for theirs....time for some who have been sitting by to stand up....it's gonna take all of us....the new green rush....it's just like oil now.....they'll just steal it

Was looking for Washington to be the standard for this legalization....but when I saw the legislature start to bash the medical side.....I knew it was just a Matter of time.....your medical grow can't be within 1 mile of a recreational marijuana facilities....if that's not about cash....appalled at the greed of people....it's ruining all of our lives....in all ways

Back
Top Bottom