Washington Dispensary Invites Voters To Come Look At New Shop

Jacob Redmond

There's a ban on the sale of recreational marijuana in Clarkston, but that didn't stop Kelly Jackson from inviting people to check out the city's first pot shop (Friday) today.

"This is not a grand opening," said Kelly Jackson, Canna4Life owner. "This is an open house for the voters to have a chance to come, look and see what they voted for."

In November of 2014 city council voted to ban the production, processing and sales of recreational marijuana within city limits. That didn't stop people from lining up outside Canna4Life, before the doors opened at 11:00AM. Jackson is selling both recreation and medical marijuana. Tracy Lewis was the first customer to walk away with pot merchandise from the store. She told us she's been suffering from chronic pain for years.

"I really would like to get off the narcotic pain medication," said Tracy Lewis.

She got an elixir to go in her tea. She said she still hasn't spoken with her doctor about replacing the narcotic medication with marijuana, but she'll bring it in to her next appointment.

"I hope that he feels like I can go on forward with it to cut me back of medications, and see if it works, and hopefully it works for me," said Lewis. "I have just been trying to deal with pain issues."

Robert Vernon is a pot grower from Elk, Washington. He brought some of the merchandise sold in Jackson's shop Friday.

"We met up in Spokane at one of the other retailers, and they were saying that they were having some trouble here; getting stuff opened, and I wanted to show my support by bringing marijuana, so that the people in Clarkston can enjoy it," said Vernon.

Cana4Life is licensed by the Washington State Liquor Control Board to sell marijuana. Jackson says by opening his doors so people can see how a state-regulated marijuana store operates.

"Come and look at it; see how safe it is, see how it keeps marijuana off the street, see how much tax revenue can be created," said Jackson. "The economic benefits are great."

Jackson said he plans on opening the shop again on Saturday from 11:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. He also said if city council allows them to stay open then maybe will extend store hours.

14661.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Clarkston Canna4life shop invites voters to come look at new shop | Local & Regional | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID
Author: Carol Zinke
Contact: Contact Us | Contact Us | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID

Back
Top Bottom