Watch Dr. Sanjay Gupta Address Medical Marijuana Issues On August 11

Truth Seeker

Is marijuana harmful or helpful? In "Weed: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports", the CNN Chief Medical Correspondent travels around the globe to reveal both the highs and lows of cannabis. The weed documentary airs on the news network on Sunday, August 11 at 8 p.m. ET.

Based on the weed documentary trailer, the CNN special will focus on all sides of the issue. Dr. Sanjay Gupta traveled around the world conducting interviews for the upcoming film. Dr. Gupta spoke bluntly with medical leaders, experts, growers and patients in order to uncover truthful accounts of the uses of medical marijuana.

"Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not," Dr. Gupta wrote, who spent a year traveling and interviewing people connected to the marijuana debate.

The one hour CNN weed documentary will address myths often surrounding pot, as well as shed light on firsthand accounts involving medical marijuana use. It will also give insight into the lives of medical marijuana growers and patients, showing actual footage of interviews with both ends of the dispensary process.

A specific case the movie will follow involves the story of Charlotte Figi, a young girl with Dravet Syndrome (a rare form of uncontrollable epilepsy). The now 6-year-old girl found that cannabis oil was the only thing that helped ease the painful symptoms of the disease. The marijuana strain is now dubbed Charlotte's Web.

The weed documentary on CNN will exhibit weed dispensaries and pot cafes in Colorado as well as marijuana researchers in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Dr. Sanjay Gupta will also talk to experts on the matter, discussing whether or not the plant can be addictive and cause long-term brain damage.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently issued a public apology, stating his viewpoint on the legalization of marijuana has altered. The CNN Chief Medical Correspondent told Piers Morgan Wednesday night that he has changed his stance on medical marijuana.In 2009, the neurosurgeon wrote an article in TIME magazine titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot". Here is the statement he posted on his blog on Thursday:

"I have seen more patients like Charlotte first hand, spent time with them and come to the realization that it is irresponsible not to provide the best care we can as a medical community, care that could involve marijuana.

We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that.

I hope this article and upcoming documentary will help set the record straight."

Watch "Weed: Sanjay Gupta Reports" Sunday night on CNN at 8 p.m. ET. The documentary will replay Sunday, August 11 at 11 p.m. ET and Monday, August 12 at 2 a.m. ET.

WEED: A Dr. Sanjay Gupta Special - YouTube

Sanjay.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: idigitaltimes.com
Author: Melanie Ehrenkranz
Website: Weed Documentary CNN: Watch Dr. Sanjay Gupta Address Medical Marijuana Issues On August 11 [VIDEO] - International Digital Times

Back
Top Bottom