Watering question Nor Cal

DanielRockwoo

Hi i have three trenches anout 2 10/12 feet deep and about 27-34 feet wide . I filled them with kelogs mixed with perlight... I was wondering how often should I water a nute and how much too??I have my nute mic already I just would like to know how much and how often i should do it for all 3 stages veg flower and bloom...I have 6 plants in each trench....they are spaced about 2 feet apart maybe a lil more... and another question is it ok to add hay to the top of your soil as a mulch i heard it helps keep plants moist and helps nutes soak in..Any advise from an expierenced grower would be helpful.

Hi i have three trenches anout 2 10/12 feet deep and about 27-34 feet wide . I filled them with kelogs mixed with perlight... I was wondering how often should I water a nute and how much too??I have my nute mic already I just would like to know how much and how often i should do it for all 3 stages veg flower and bloom...I have 6 plants in each trench....they are spaced about 2 feet apart maybe a lil more... and another question is it ok to add hay to the top of your soil as a mulch i heard it helps keep plants moist and helps nutes soak in..Any advise from an expierenced grower would be helpful.

I wish I could help more but I am not a outdoor grower.. I feel like the hay on the soil is not a good thing as it may harbor disease and insects that will mess with your plants...

Also there are reall 2 stages after the seedling / cutting stage and its just Veg / Bloom. Flower is just another way of saying bloom its not another stage.

Cherma is a great outdor man. PM him or hopefully he'll chime in. Also reach out to DaMagoMan, another great outdoor guy.

I ma going to have this thread moved to "outdoor growing" forum. :peace:

Is your kellog mix a soiless mix?? If so then it can handle more nutes then normal, also what are your nutes, Organic or Chemical?What are the N-P-K numbers? That matters because organic ferts break down over time, chemical ferts you get everything when you water. Give me some more info i can awnser your questions better.

I am using the kelogs mix i bought at lowes...it comes with perlight bat guana as well as a ton of other things...its organic...i dont want to use any chemicals really, i like all organic...im using Earth Juice Grow/Bloom/Catalyst and maxicrop lquid fish for my nutes right now for veging. Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)....Earth Juice Grow (2-1-1)...Maxicrop Liquid Fish (5.0-1.0-1.0) ...the catalyst im not sure ...im geting it shiped in the mail to me...

I would nute every other watering to start and use the recomended dosage on the bottle to start, then after 2 weeks or so start feeding them nutes every watering.
Good luck..

how often should i water once every three days....i know it depends on soils moisture but for a guestimate....its a pretty light mix..therefor i think i might water a bit more

how often should i water once every three days....i know it depends on soils moisture but for a guestimate....its a pretty light mix..therefor i think i might water a bit more

I'm currently watering about every three days, about 1.5 gallons/plant, but over the next month that will change with extended heat and growth. I use a simple moisture meter with a 12" probe (cheap at garden supply centers) and water when it reads 1 on a scale of 1-4. I used to just dig my finger in the soil and if it felt dry water them, but my finger's not that long and I'd end up over watering.

Ya i too have been watering every 3 days but i think today is the day i'm starting to every other day, it's been hot in Nor Cal last couple of days and supposted to stay for a few more.
I've been checking by just scraping back the top couple of inches of loose soil and seeing if it's still moist, but i'm in 45 gallon smart pots and it makes it easy to tell.

Ya i too have been watering every 3 days but i think today is the day i'm starting to every other day, it's been hot in Nor Cal last couple of days and supposted to stay for a few more.
I've been checking by just scraping back the top couple of inches of loose soil and seeing if it's still moist, but i'm in 45 gallon smart pots and it makes it easy to tell.

I'm in Southern Oregon with about the same weather. Mine are in the ground and it'll take another week or so before the heat penetrates down far enough to require much more water. I give them fish emulsion every week and that adds to the sub-surface moisture but in a few weeks when the ground heats up they'll be taking a lot of water. The drip irrigation will make that a snap.

Back
Top Bottom