Weednoob's First Grow: Soil, Indoor, White Widow Auto, 2017

Are you also checking the PH of the water you are giving the plant? I would think that that would be more important than the soil because whatever the PH of the watering water will make the soil that same ph over a few waterings.

Also to test soil PH aren't you supposed to test the runoff water not stick the meter in the soil? I could be wrong I don't have a digital meter and instead picked up the ph testing liquid. Anyway, if the PH is 6.5 everywhere like you said the meter read than that is pretty darn perfect for soil grow.

I have been letting the soil dry out until I can reach my finger down about 1"-2" and barely feel moisture... The soil looks very wet in that picture did you just water them?

Okey I didnt know I will put more research on how to test the ph of the soil.
And no I have watered her 10 days ago but maybe to much because it is still very wet. I will wait with watering her for at least another week.

Okey I didnt know I will put more research on how to test the ph of the soil.
And no I have watered her 10 days ago but maybe to much because it is still very wet. I will wait with watering her for at least another week.

Maybe it's too late for this grow but next time I would really consider getting soil with better drainage or at least mixing in some perlite or other drainage additive because 10 days seems like a really long time...
I have to water every 36-48 hours. Any longer than that and I can stick my finger 2-3 inches down in soil and not feel a hint of moisture.

Okey... then I have to pray she will be fine.
Do you think it is time to top? Or do I have to wait longer?

I'm sure it will be fine... this is a resilient plant the problem usually isn't dying vs surviving. Rather it's a matter of small harvest vs big harvest and everywhere in-between.

You are growing an autoflowering plant right? I do not believe it is best to top autoflowers. The explanation that I have read everywhere is that photoperiod plants have time to recover while autoflowers do not. Doing high stress training like topping on an autoflower might hurt yields vs just using Low Stress Training like bending and tying down in order to shape the plant.

Okay thank you very much for your advice I can clearly see that you know a lot!

Your welcome, I tried to do my due diligence on the research side before I started growing but I'm no expert by any means and hopefully you'll get some second opinions in here to confirm or tweak what I have said.

I'll be following along, good luck and keep the pictures and updates coming :thumb:

So... 2 days later, I went ahead with your advice comfy so I am trying to do LST today.
I also upgraded my grow box in hight but it is temporarely. I am planning to make a proper box from wood for securety and size because the hight is not the problem but the width and length if I am doing LST. So when I build the new growbox that shouldnt be a problem too anymore
Here are some pictures of the crappy upgraded growbox:

Tell me what you think and what I could do better please :D, I am still really proud of my baby girl.
df2ff5fed7629a90a17e322360af1726.jpg
18be5a4972b9c6324c4f8b5a29efcfe1.jpg
04e711bf89f10553cd723b53692ab1bb.jpg
47cca670b97facffd6ebf7f0b8514769.jpg

6 hours after the lst, I think she is doing great and I can see new tops.
Sorry that I cant get the picture upright.. I am on my phone Atm.
2270c42eaff55a5c1ac298b722fe52f3.jpg

So 7 days since I last posted on this journal. She is now 4-5 weeks old and I have put her outside because it was such good weather, I hope it didnt ruin his sleep scheadule. She did actually grow a pretty well and she is also showing signs of preflowering (pistils). She is not very big but I think the cause of that is a slow start and to little light and overwatered in the beginning. For my first grow I am pretty satisfied so far and I have already learned a lot, but now I have to overcome the difficult part, flowering.
Here are some photos from yesterday:

She is looking green and healthy to me, tell me what you think!
ed20cd7a241491c41eccc7878955072e.jpg
3bb731f8de7e6f7833834d7762139628.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom