White Widow Auto - Advanced LED in Happy Frog Soil

Devil

Second grow, first auto, getting seeds in soil tonight. Never did a journal but thought I would so anyone who wants can follow can.

Seeds are Royal Queen Seeds. Will plant 3 seeds
Lighting is advance 300 watt, 11 spectrum LED. First grow gave great results with it
Soil grow using happy frog soil in 3 gallon smart fabric pots
Using RODI water (have one that I use for my salt water reef aquarium) and PH set at 6.0
Seeds been soaking for what will be 12 hrs in water before they are planted tonight at 11 pm. All three sank within few hours of being put in RODI cup covered and placed in closet
Lights will come at 6 am for a 18/6 lighting cycle.
Will be growing in 3x3x5 tent with can fan and filter. 2 recir fans inside tent

I welcome any and all thoughts and suggestions throughout the journey.

Seeds been in soil now 2 days and 2 of the 3 have popped through. Last one looks like she is coming through so she may show herself tomorrow. That was a quick germ. They are tiny but here they are
image25561.jpg

image25562.jpg

image25563.jpg

Hey Dan
It's my first shot with autos so I am curious to see how this goes. I plan on keeping them going as long as I can to maximize the yield. Thanks for joining in

I wanted to try it due to its quick turn around time and I get paranoid growing it indoors hahahah. But with all I have invested I'm going for max yield on these premium seeds

Day 3, not much new to report other than the last seedling popped through yesterday so now all three are up and going. Temp is at 79 degrees with 55 RH. I misted the top of the smart pots yesterday as they looked a little dry. The first seedling up is looking very strong for a youngster. Nice straight and looks good and strong. The other two are a little bent over and the leaves are not as erect but since they are still very young, I wont be too concerned yet. Will post more pics when there is a some change to note. Decided to go purchase a second DS200 LED light fixture. The one I have gave great results last grow but since these are premium purchased seeds (first grow was some generic seeds I picked out of a bag I had) I want maximum light penetration and coverage. The core coverage on this light is 2.5 feet x 3 feet. Since tent is 3 x 3, the second 300 W LED light should really give these girls all they can take and then some. Using the 40 Watts per foot rule, the one light at 300 W is just under that rule. Adding another 300 W should do the trick. That should put me at 66 W per foot. At least thats how I factor it. Please tell me if my calculations are incorrect. 200 high powered 3 W LEDs should be all that is needed for these three chickies hahahah

I havent been very active on this journal yet because not alot has happened. Well today we are at day 11 of Veg. All three babies showed themselves within 3 days of being put in soil. I have named them WW1, WW2 and WW3 in the order that they showed themselves. WW1 is def the strongest and WW3 who was last to the party appears to be the runt at this time. I have been giving them a gently misting as the surface appears dry and they have had one good watering with a 6.0 ph balanced RODI water. They appeared to like it. Temps are between 77 and 81 during the day and RH is pretty stable at 53 unless they start to get dry, then it drops into the mid 40's. I am awaiting the arrival of my second DS200 that should be in this week. That will put 600 watts of LED power in the 3x3x5 tent. I believe since these are Autos, everything I read tells me they should be ready now for their first dose of light nutes this weekend. I will be using FF line and plan on getting the complete Dirty Dozen Pack. Since the Autos require less nutes, this should take me through the entire process to harvest. I started bending WW! leaves down slightly so the light can penetrate a bit deeper into her. I will be uploading the photos in just a few as I have to get them off of one device and into the forum. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated and considered. Have a happy day all.

Hi Dan
Yes WW1 is a stong little girl. The others are starting to take off a bit too. Currently they are under a DS200 (300 watt diamond LED) with a second on the way. They see a 18/6 schedule. I hope to keep them in veg a bit longer with that cycle to max their potential. I know u can keep autos on a 24 hr schedule to finish faster but I want max yield out of this one

My apologies on my lack of updating. Things have gotten crazy in life. Luckily I have been keeping a written journal as well so I can update everyone on what has happened over the past few weeks.
Last I left everyone, we were on day 11. Today is day 22 and boy has there been some changes. I will go back and document what has happened by day.

Day 13: I applied the Fox Farm dirty dozed nute using week 2 schedule at 1/4 strength

Day 15: I added in the second DS200 LED light from Advance LED lighting. Just like my first one, this light is nothing short of pure amazing. Now we have 600 watts of pure LED lighting, 11 spectrum including IR and UV. Temps have been holding in the day at 81 degrees, 56 RH. WW1 looks great. She is completely full with 4 or 5 sets of leaves. WW2 is showing some slight nute burn on the outer tips of her leaves. WW3 is now almost as tall as WW2. WW3 was the little runt of the batch. Her stalk is a little weak but holding her own head up high. Pots are still heavy from the nute / H2O from day 13

Day 16: WW1 and WW3 are looking great after the nute application a few days ago. WW2 is burnt to shit and is suffering. I flushed her with a gallon of 6.4 ph water in hopes it would flush out the nutes. I will have to watch her closely. She looks sickly. Temps holding at 84 degrees. Today is first full day with both lights at full power (both banks lit) and holy crap is it bright.... Looks like I am seeing several new growth sites but probably wishful thinking.

Over the next few days WW1 and WW3 are growing like crazy. WW2 continues to struggle and is loosing the burnt leaves. Her top looks just ok. Nothing like the other two. On day 19 I adjusted the light height again to 20 inches above the WW1 canopy. She is growing quickly.

Ok so its now Day 21. Light height is now only 14 inches. 6 inches of growth on WW1 in 2 days. I had to double check my math but it is correct. Adjusted light up to 20 inches again.
There is some weirdness happening now. WW1 is showing pistils and an order is coming from her. It seems way too early for her but she has several branches now and bud site with pistils. I had to keep looking but they are white hairs She is either going into flower way early or is going to be a huge beast. WW2 has now been flushed twice and still has not recovered. Her harvest is most likely shot now. She only has one set of top leaves and her stalk is bare except of the top
WW2 looks pretty normal. She is deep green and has growth spots all over her branches. New leaves are popping each day.
WW3 is a total beast. Twice the size of WW3, what I thought were pistils are in fact pistils. She is putting off an odor that you get in flower. Several Branches have bud sites and her stalk is very thick for a plant 21 days old. Temps have been around 85 during day now. A little warm but increased fan speed and should keep it cooler now. Opened up all three passive air vents now. This may be due to extreme heat wave we are having here now and the environment is 77 outside of tent. Currently keeping the lights at the correct height is tough because WW1 is outgrowing eveyone so its tough to keep the correct height for all.
Added nutes Fox Farm Dirty Dozen week 3 at 1/2 strength to WW1 and WW3 only.
Day 22: Increased light height again today as WW1 continues to blow up. WW3 is 8 inches from top of soil and WW1 is 14 inches.

I cant recommend the Advance LED Diamond series lights enough. Low heat, great coverage, 11 spectrum, and just so freaking intense. The light literally drives through the plant providing energy in every part. Photos coming next as of today.

WW1
WW1_06092015.JPG

WW3
WW3_06092015.JPG

WW2 so sad
WW2_06092015_WTF.JPG

WW1 close up
WW1_close.JPG

WW1 pistil
WW1_pistil.JPG

WW1 close pistil
WW1_pistil_close.JPG

WW1 close pistil 2
WW_pistil_close_2.JPG

DS200's under view
DS200_under.JPG

DS200s top view
DS200_dual.JPG

Oh yea, the small pots to the outside of the middle are there only temporarily. they are moving outside in just a few weeks.

Thanks all who have took the time to read. This is my first auto grow so I would be curious to your thoughts and comments. I am not sure yet how to treat WW1. It seems like she is going into flower but 22 days seems pretty early for even an auto. Either way since I dont have to change lighting schedule I guess its not a huge issue only the proper nutes to feed her is my only concern.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom