Who I'm voting for...

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
I can't deal with McCain or the fact that Obama picked Biden so it's Bob Barr for me. I'd being voting for Ron Paul, except he did drop out, and his name isn't on our ballot. NC has McCain more than 5% in the lead anyway, so my third party vote won't affect the electoral college. Our state is already in the bag for McCain :(

On a positive note, after years of supressing the Libertarian party's right to ballot access, they've finally surpassed the signature threshold required to be "named party".

Anyway, I've listed only the choices that I think are material to my #1 issue, which is restoring freedom (including cannabis law repeal or reform)

Pres Barr Libertarian

Senate Cole Libertarian

House D4 Lawson Republican

Gov Munger Libertarian

Lt Gov Rhodes Libertarian

AG Cooper Democrat

NC Senate D17 Irving Libertarian

NC House D37 Stam Republican

A quick comment in defense of my two Republican picks. Lawson is Ron Paul disciple and strongly against the war on drugs. He favors decrim/legalization or marijuana.

Lawson for Congress Blog drug prohibition
Lawson for Congress Lawson vs. Price

Stam on the other hand is not as strong an advocate as Lawson but has made favorable statements towards MMJ in the past.

All the Libertarians are for decriminalization/legalization

Everyone makes their own decisions about such things, but I hope that by sharing my decision/research, others might consider my point of view, when making their own decision.

Isn't Barr pushing CNG (compressed natural gas) for cars? Natural gas is already 1.80 more per 1000 cubic feet then the industry said it would be in a worst case scenario in by 2010. Not to mention 90% of our reserves are in the gulf of Mexico, and it is explosive as hell :)

Not the worst choice by far though.

While I certainly respect your choices I do have to disagree with you on a couple of issues.

First your assumption that NC will automatically go for McCain. I've seen polls that show Obama ahead, even if I hadn't I know what I've seen with my own two eyes and that is tremendous support for Obama.

Yeah, when I wrote this originally, McCain was up by 20 in NC, and now the realclearpolitics Nat's ave shows Obama with a 1 point lead.

This invalidates my original strategy re the electoral college. I've hot some more thinking to do.

My concern with the big two is that they both favor more government, the Repubs want to impose morales and the Dem's want cradle to grave coverage.

They both have hands in my pockets way too deep. I think our only hope is to start supporting the third party that wants less government.

Isn't Barr pushing CNG (compressed natural gas) for cars? Natural gas is already 1.80 more per 1000 cubic feet then the industry said it would be in a worst case scenario in by 2010. Not to mention 90% of our reserves are in the gulf of Mexico, and it is explosive as hell :)

Not the worst choice by far though.

Hi Boss,

I haven't seen anything on CNG but will look into it more, thanks for the tip.

Generally, Libertarian's favor free market solutions, meaning they wouldn't push one commodity over another, rather they'd focus on getting the government to stay out of the process.

Barr's website pretty much says as much Bob Barr 2008 Issues Energy Policy

Also, Political positions of Bob Barr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia summarizes where Barr stands on things in general.

The only area I'm still not sure I trust Barr is on abortion. He used to be first in line when it came to trying to eliminate a woman's right to choose, and a true Libertarian would hold the exact opposite position. I did notice he's conveniently not listed this issue on his website.

Anyway, Barr is the best choice for plant lovers, as long as we are willing to not use our vote for one of the big 2.

the thing is how can anyone expect to base their ideas of morals upon what the govt defines as morals.....the govt is the most corupt of all things, and as far as national reform on MMJ..that wont happen until the older crowd gets flushed out with an updated mind set especially (sp) from NC...where if it is true...20 days in the state and dole is a mouth for our state??

Back
Top Bottom