Who uses seperate uvB-light, in what percentage & schedule?

SwedishCloset

UvB pros & cons? im currently running 2* 26WuvB (reptile bulb) between 11AM to 15PM (light's on 07.00-19.00) cause that time during daytime ultraviolet rays have the shortest way thru our ozone layer.
Have read that ~10% uvB is to prefer if you run bulbs all day but I dont want uvB on all day so I crank it up during midday and blast them with ~20% a couple of hours insteed.

Thoughts & experiece about uvB is welcome! :nomo:

The bulbs I use Repti Glo 10.0: Exo Terra : Repti Glo Compact 2.0, 5.0 & 10.0 / Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

..and I noticed this chart today;
ReptileGlo-Chart.jpg

Notice the blue spike, is it in "range" for plants to benifit from? led emittors are A bit higher up (nm-wise) aren't they?
/
does this make any sense at all? my question/point, ..feels uncertain to write in english when stoned.. not much easier in native launge either btw. :tokin:

The max penetration of UV:B to the ground is ~7% of total UV light density and varies greatly with humidity and cloud cover. Basically, very little UV: B gets through the o-zone 95% is UV:A. With that being said. 32W per meter squared is the total UV output of the sun on the earth 32Wm2 x 5% = 1.6 watts per meter squared of straight UV:B would be roughly equal to what the sun puts out. Fear not tho, your bulb only produces 10% of it's total energy as UV:B

I was looking into this the other day and found something that caught my eye, It stated that if you use a uv-b bulb that it has enough ub-a rays to damage you plant, but instead just use 2-26watt clf in 6500k during flowering will give you the boost. I found that after googling uv-b. thanks.

I was looking into this the other day and found something that caught my eye, It stated that if you use a uv-b bulb that it has enough ub-a rays to damage you plant, but instead just use 2-26watt clf in 6500k during flowering will give you the boost. I found that after googling uv-b. thanks.
Where did you read that? :reading420magazine:

I became quite curious.....
//
Greetings from A rainy sweden, soon it will be winter & snow. :whoa:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom