Why do my plants come out so bushy?

Cheffrey

2nd grow

I find my plants stay as bushes.

Is it becuase I prune and top all through veg? Light to close? If I pull the light farther away during veg will it stretch more?

Everyone elses grows seem to have more spacing.

Attachments

• 20190529_220014.jpg
    20190529_220014.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 132
Cheffrey, I grow under quantum board leds and also a few bestva led lights ( blurple ). I veg under both lights sometimes, and everytime I veg under the quantum boards my plants seem to get bushy, and under my bestva lights they seem to stretch. Even when the lights are at the same height from the canopy. So I found out if your plants have sufficient light and don’t have to reach for the light they become bushy very fast. So I’ve had to either raise the light in order to get them to stretch, or turn the intensity down on my quantum boards. Most likely your light is close enough where it’s not hurting your plants , but they also don’t have the need to stretch. It’s just like a science experiment everytime. Hope that helps a bit, just stoned and rambling!

I was wondering if that was what it was... just move the light farther away!

My first grow was under a bestva light in veg! Flower was sp 250 x2. Good results.

2 x so 25p veg this time. 3x sp 250 for flower

Ok I'm ready for grow 3 lol

Another thing to consider, is the difference between Indica and Sativa. If your strain is primarily Indica, it will have a tendency to be short, stout, and bushy with big wide fingers on the fan leaves. Sativa, on the other hand, have a tendency to be tall, lanky, and thin with narrow fingers on the fan leaves.

I cant remember which plant is which but I know I have a 50/50 mix of sat and ind

All bushy :p

I liked the results of grow 1 being bushy.. I just wondered why mine were bushy... I thought it was light being to close... these are strong lights.

2nd grow

I find my plants stay as bushes.

Is it becuase I prune and top all through veg? Light to close? If I pull the light farther away during veg will it stretch more?

Everyone elses grows seem to have more spacing.

This. The tip of the main stem on an unpruned plant contains auxin growth inhibitor hormone, which restricts growth on the lower branches and its effect diminishes with increasing distance from the tip, leading to the usual christmas tree shape. Topping it removes that hormone and consequently all the lower stems grow at the same rate as the tip, leading to a bushy plant with multiple stems nearer the same level. Light intensity and quality have an effect on distance between nodes; higher intensity and bluer will result in shorter distances between nodes (branch intersections) and shorter plants overall.

You can selectively remove a few leaves if necessary. Just a few here and there to allow for better light penetration. Look into maybe making a SCROG screen, it'll give you an easy way to tuck the leaves under and spread the canopy out.

If you top it, it will tend to bush. If it is indica, it will tend to bush. Hybrids with more indica characteristic broad leaf fingers tend toward bushy as well.

And also they say tight node spacing is good, but I personally
Another thing to consider, is the difference between Indica and Sativa. If your strain is primarily Indica, it will have a tendency to be short, stout, and bushy with big wide fingers on the fan leaves. Sativa, on the other hand, have a tendency to be tall, lanky, and thin with narrow fingers on the fan leaves.
Guess I totally forgot the obvious!‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom