Would this be ok?

RedeyedRasta

my buds have been drying for about 5 days and they are still a little moist but is mostly dry on the outside ........ i have put them into a jar about an hour ago ........ would they be ok?.................... what should i look out for or be careful of? :thanks:

Yeah they'll be okay. The remaining moisture from the inside of the bud will even out now that they're in a jar. Just be sure to burp the jar once and a while and you should be okay!

ok thanks for the advice ''getright'' =)

if they get too moist again shall i go to the drying process again for a day or 2?

You can keep them in the jars but make sure to watch for mold. When you burp the jar keep an eye out for it. But yes, if they're too moist then let them dry for a few days before putting them back into jars.

a lot of times if they're too wet in the jars, I let them sit in the jars with the lid off for a few days, it dries a bit slower, but the slower the dry, the smoother the smoke

I had some medicine drying in jars and felt the moisture level was slightly high, so I placed the herb back into my drying rack for about a day and a half or two... this helped out a lot and created some smooth hits.

i will be checking on them in about an hour as i am out at the moment ........ they have been in the jar for around 12 hours would they be ok do you think? do you think ill get home and find they are all mouldy?

pick up a small digital hygrometer, they're on the auction site for a few bucks. I have a handful of them. I place them in my jar and let them sit sealed for a few hours, if they are above 62% I put the buds back on the drying rack for a day or two and then put them back in the jars and monitor. Once I'm at 62% I burp daily for a few minutes and then let them cure for a few weeks.

If your buds feel even slightly moist on the outside, then it's too early to put them in jars. You should wait until the stems snap when bent (you should have heard this a million times). If they are still moist on the outside, they are really moist on the inside, and that is when you have issues with mold.

ok thankyou :) going to check them now in the next 10 mins will let you know how they are :)

jus checked the nuggs in the jar and they had slightly stuck to the jar but a lil shake and they came off :) i felt the buds and they are really sticky ...... cant tell if they are moist or just sticky :S i have put them to dry for another day just to be safe as i dont fancy losing about 50 buds lol

have i done the right thing?

a lot of times if they're too wet in the jars, I let them sit in the jars with the lid off for a few days, it dries a bit slower, but the slower the dry, the smoother the smoke

I think this is a good idea unless you feel the buds are really wet and need to hang. With the lid off for a little while, they will dry pretty quick.

I think this is a good idea unless you feel the buds are really wet and need to hang. With the lid off for a little while, they will dry pretty quick.
If you don't have air movement in the jar and they are still moist, you are inviting mold. I would hang them or place them back on your drying rack/screen until they feel slightly crisp on the outside and the stem has a snap to it. Don't be in too much of a hurry to put them in the jars. If you need to get just a little moisture out I would recommend the paper bag method not leaving them in a jar. IMHO.

thanks for your advice everyone :) much appreciated

steveHman - i have taken them out of the jar and put them in paper bags for a day or so :)

i wanted to know if the buds were actually moist or sticky so i made a joints worth and smoked it on the way to the shop and it burnt evenly all throughout .... did not side burn or go out ........ i spose this means the buds are just sticky not moist ... hmmmmmmm

im very confused and very high now lmao

just watch it. I jarred up my buds too early one harvest and one day outta nowhere they were covered in mold.

yeah it was one of my first grows and I was oh so eager..... learned that lesson the hard way

Keep the buds in paper bags and just put the bag in the jar when it`s dry and lift it out when it`s moist.The crispness of the paper bag can help as an indicator of moisture content.

Back
Top Bottom