Yellow curling leaves

RandumbDude

Hello,

I couldn't find a sub forum for posting about diagnosis so if I posted this in the wrong location please forgive me. This girl is five weeks into a 12 week flowery cycle, in the last few days Her leaves had started turning yellow and now they are curling up. I did some research online and there could be a few different diagnosis year and I figured I should ask the professionals for their opinion. From what I gathered this could be either or a combination of calcium/magnesium deficiency, nitrogen deficiency or heat stress. The symptoms on all of these are very similar so I'm not sure what approach to take here. So my plan is to check the pH, up the nutes and raise the light.

Any input at all is greatly appreciated, thank you all

image20985.jpg

Hello,

I couldn't find a sub forum for posting about diagnosis so if I posted this in the wrong location please forgive me. This girl is five weeks into a 12 week flowery cycle, in the last few days Her leaves had started turning yellow and now they are curling up. I did some research online and there could be a few different diagnosis year and I figured I should ask the professionals for their opinion. From what I gathered this could be either or a combination of calcium/magnesium deficiency, nitrogen deficiency or heat stress. The symptoms on all of these are very similar so I'm not sure what approach to take here. So my plan is to check the pH, up the nutes and raise the light.

Any input at all is greatly appreciated, thank you all

image20985.jpg

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart
rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3117.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Not to take credit for this, KingJohnC posted this for me so I am passing it on!!

It looks like you might have a bit of a potassium deficiency.

In order to be sure that's the correct diagnosis, can you visit the following link, and provide the required information: How to Ask for Grow Support

You'll see some samples of a potassium deficiency here: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
And a variation of it here on this chart:

Thanks for the info, I just checked her out. Guess I should've done that before posting but I got really nervous. Her air hose was trapped under the bucket and she wasn't getting any oxygen whichever guess caused the pH to rise to 7. I fixed the air hose and adjust the pH to six so let's see how she recovers over the next few days

It is really impossible to say it is anything until we know what medium your growing in, what nutrients you are feeding, if you are using tap water or RO with a cal mag supplement, what ppms or ec have you been feeding have you flushed and checked the runoff for soil ppms and ph, what nutes were used in veg etc etc.

Just fill in the blanks and you should get a real answer until then everything is conjecture.

It is really impossible to say it is anything until we know what medium your growing in, what nutrients you are feeding, if you are using tap water or RO with a cal mag supplement, what ppms or ec have you been feeding have you flushed and checked the runoff for soil ppms and ph, what nutes were used in veg etc etc.

Just fill in the blanks and you should get a real answer until then everything is conjecture.

Its a DWC with foxfarm nutes in distilled water with calmag, I am thinking that the restricted oxygen flow raised the ph so I was experiencing nute lock out.

Back
Top Bottom