Yikes! a Seed! How come?

stokesy

Yes, just smoking an old grow, grown from feminised seed, and come across what appears to be the only seed from the entire plant (most of it's gone, naturally..) Barneys honey Bee it was.

So.. how, all of a sudden, does a feminised plant produce ONE seed ?

I'ts beyond me.
The SToke

Re: Yikes! a SEED! How come?

I get them all the time. Just 1 or maybe 3 seeds per plant, sometimes none.

I think its common, but I'm not sure.

I'm sure one of the veteran growers will chime in.

Just the plant trying its hardest to procreate--that is the mission. The longer you let them flower, even with no stressors, there will be some pollen and a seed or three. Label and save for a rainy day, it will most likely be fem.

OG 12 is correctamundo . .Maryjane is a plant type with male and female plants. For seed to be produced for the next season there must be some males to do the business.. When all the males are removed, usually one plant will try and produce even one male "nut sack" which will burst and spread it's pollen onto the bud or sometimes buds near by. Usua;lly there is only 1 or 3 seeds - which by the way should grow out as females as the pollen came from a predominently female plant.

Another way to get seeds on your supposedly girl plants is if the girls get stressed - interupted dark period - (Your dark period when flowering is a MINIMUM of 12 hours. . .and it must NOT be compromised with light.) - can cause it; excessive variations in heat, servere water stress, pest infestations as far as I'm aware any or all or a combination thereof can cause male flowers to form on female plants and hence lead to some seeds.

It's not a biggie . . I know my mate doesn't mind getting the odd seed - gives him something potentially slightly different to what hes got going.

hope that puts ya mind to rest

Back
Top Bottom