Am I on target with my Northern Lights?

dirtybud

Hi guys. Wanted to ask if this plant (see photos below) is on target on what to expect on my Homegrown Fantaseeds NL strain from seeds. My plants however, are clones from the mother (which I maintain) are 2nd gen. And have made it finally to my flower room. Everything has been perfect until I got to flower and sometimes my pH levels spike on me and gets down to 5.5 or lower. But the plant still grows well and doesn't act like it is stunted in it's growth or anything. I am sure that they can do better ... if I fix that problem. This plant does have a few fungus flies buzzing around when I open the lid. But roots are still white and healthy. I also wait till my plants veg out 2 feet tall from root ball to top tip. I don't cut my tops, but I do prune bottom branches when its big enough to take a clone. I don't take any more than two every two days to a week. I veg from clone a little over a month with fluorescent lights. 6 bulbs 6" away from tops.

I am only going to list things I think are relevant to the grow. If I missed something, don't hesitate to ask.

Flowering Room conditions:
600 Watt HPS. 12/12. DWC 5 gal buckets.
I only use 3 bottles of general hydroponics for nutes. Orca for water microbe stabilization.
Fans: yes, A/C set to 70˙ F. Humidifier set to 50%.
Flower diameter is 1.25" (Not that big) But is this the normal size for 3 foot plants?
Trikes are 50/50 clear to cloudy. No amber yet. I want 20%. The trikes look good and copious amounts of resinous stalks.

Given the photo, is it time to flush and harvest next week? I would like more information from how NL grows during flowering from someone with experience growing it. Does it tend to have two flower stages or just one and a slow drawn out maturing stage?

I only got one stage. Exploded from week 2-4 and slowed in week 4-5 and I can't really see much difference at this point. My general impression that it flowers very quickly. If this is just how it is ... then I am going to have a high rate of turnover to get these old girls out and bring in some young fresh ones. Is it possible that my system is shaving 2-3 weeks off of production? Seems a little too good, huh ... (?)

At this rate, I should harvest at week 7. But the seed company recommends 8-9 weeks. It is currently 80% brown pistils. A few new pistils have popped out, but only the the top tips. I was hoping for a late flower explosion, but it looks done. Since my focus is on a production facility, I have not interest in getting 20% by working 80% more.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated ...

End of Week 5
(photo: Bud, close up and a really, really closeup)

IMG_4070.PNG

IMG_4070a.png

IMG_41191.PNG

I guess I am asking if anyone knows the bud cycle for Northern Lights?
Is it a one stage or two stage flowering? And does it flower from week 2-7? or is it shorter than that? I didn't get a long flowering period and it might be that I let my pH (4.5-5.5) spike while I was on vacation. How I hated to go while experimenting with my first NL strain (sigh) ...

Is there no one? Really?
That grows northern lights in DWC? Have I narrowed my questions down to the two people who don't read the forums anymore?!!!
I guess no one grows it anymore ...

Here's a pic of the full plant BTW at week 6 ...
image12.png

Back
Top Bottom