which TopLED for 5x5 grow tent?

growgrow101

Hello guys have been doing alot of reading about LEDs and looking at some of the grows using them.

I have been growing for 5 years now and just can't stand to keep trying to cool my 600w HPS.

I am looking to grow 6 lady's in a 5x5 grow tent in coco coir. When I find the right mom, I will move to sea of green. My light budget is $700.

What I am thinking is getting a 1600w led but wanted to know if it would be better to get 2x 900w led instead.

Everything will be order from Topled

Thanks for any help

Will you be vegging and flowering under the same light? Will all your plants be the same strain? I think the 1600w should work well in that space. Otherwise, maybe 2 or 3 of these:

Reflector LED grow light 144x3w

I just ordered 3 of the 192x3 and will be putting each of them over a 3x3 scrog

Yes I will be use the same light for both and same strain. Now I think I will still use a 1600w but cut my room down to a 3x3 using scrog for the first 2 runs then going into SOG.

I keep thing about the heat of the a 600w HPS and dont think I would have to use an AC unit to cool the leds. So I can use a smaller tent.

Yeah man its crazy what some guys are doing with LEDS. I have got to the point in my grow life that I no longer grow to yield but for the best plant I can get.

With my 600w hps I was hitting .8gpw but just could not beat the heat. So I am making the moves and don't mind any crave I am hit along the way.

The Cali Lights are way out my budget for now.

Yes I will be use the same light for both and same strain. Now I think I will still use a 1600w but cut my room down to a 3x3 using scrog for the first 2 runs then going into SOG.

I keep thing about the heat of the a 600w HPS and dont think I would have to use an AC unit to cool the leds. So I can use a smaller tent.

I'll post some pics of how the 192x3 looks in a 3x3 tent. I hope to have the lights and tents in by the end of the week. FWIW, the thing that really sold me on the reflector series is the bloom switch. So when vegging, the light only draws about half the power. Then when its time to go 12/12, just hit the switch for full power and lots of extra red in the spectrum.

The Cali Lights are way out my budget for now.

+1 I usually try to avoid "made in china" stuff, but for the price the TopLEDs seem like a great value. Especially with all good feedback I've read on here and a 3 year warranty. Plus, Sara is a pleasure to work with.

Hello
I purchased one of the 192x3 reflector from TopLED and 3 300w panel from them, the 300w work great and grow and inch a day, but the 600w reflector when on just grow, performs poorly. I had this panel on 4 plants for 4 weeks and the plants only grew 2 inches. I put 2 0f my 300w LEDs over the plants and they immediately grew 2 inches in 2 days. I have no idea why the 600w panel would not grow the plants very fast. I have emailed them and they say I need to read your forums about this light, but very little info about this model, when in veg position. If some one can show me info of how to make this light work I would try it.
mdelio

I am still 50/50 on what I want to do. I was going to get the 1200w today but did not know I have to pay an extra $100 just to get the flower spectrum makes me want to wait.

Anyone know the difference between the standard and flower spectrum? I will be getting two of the 48x3 for my veg room.

Main goal is to have my flower room with a min of 600w Draw Power of leds. Need to get at lease 300g per harvest and just want to make sure I have the best light I can get in my budget

The 48x3 would go in my flower also once I get a 144x3.

I am still 50/50 on what I want to do. I was going to get the 1200w today but did not know I have to pay an extra $100 just to get the flower spectrum makes me want to wait.

Anyone know the difference between the standard and flower spectrum? I will be getting two of the 48x3 for my veg room.

Main goal is to have my flower room with a min of 600w Draw Power of leds. Need to get at lease 300g per harvest and just want to make sure I have the best light I can get in my budget

The 48x3 would go in my flower also once I get a 144x3.

As far as I know, they just use different quantities of the various wavelength LEDs. So the veg should have more blue, the flower should have more red and the standard should be in between. This was another reason I went with the reflector series.

Hi growgrow101
I have purchased 3-300w Led panels from toppled and they work great, 1-Inch growth a day, I also recently purchased a 600w ( 192x3 ) reflector from them but this panel doesn't grow plants very fast in grow mode,2-inch in 2 weeks, haven't tried the flowering yet. I have tried light distances of 1foot to 3 feet with little success. Either I got a defective panel or the spectrum is not good for growing, I have emailed them and they say I don't know how to use it, Ha!. If someone has this light I would sure like to compare information.
mdelio

The flower spectrum that they offer is simply white and red diodes.

You will have less height of growth while using only the veg, because that is how it is designed. During veg, most of use want to reduce inter node length and promote branching. That's what blue light does, along with other techniques like FIMing and topping. If you are looking for extended height in the veg stage, turn on both switches and you will get it rapidly.

Hi growgrow101
I have purchased 3-300w Led panels from toppled and they work great, 1-Inch growth a day, I also recently purchased a 600w ( 192x3 ) reflector from them but this panel doesn't grow plants very fast in grow mode,2-inch in 2 weeks, haven't tried the flowering yet. I have tried light distances of 1foot to 3 feet with little success. Either I got a defective panel or the spectrum is not good for growing, I have emailed them and they say I don't know how to use it, Ha!. If someone has this light I would sure like to compare information.
mdelio

Can you please clarify? Are the 300w panels you refer to the 96x3 reflector series or the "original/classic" 100x3 panels? Basically, are they green or white? Since the 192x3 is basically just two 96x3 lights in one box. There shouldn't be any difference between (1) 192x3 and (2) 96x3 panels. So, I must assume that you're talking about the "classic" series (white 100x3).

Your pair of 100x3 have a combined total of (200) 3w LEDs glowing when they're turned on. In grow only mode (bloom off), the 192x3 only has 128 3w LEDs running when turned on. If you switch on the grow portion, all 192 LEDs come alive and it should output pretty close to the same watts of light as your pair of 100x3 panels. So your 192x3 (in grow only) is putting out significantly fewer watts than the pair of 100wx3. Combine the lower wattage with the "short and stocky" effect of the blue spectrum in grow only mode (that Hosebomber mentions) and you should definitely expect less vertical growth.

I don't know much about the classic models. The topled site shows that they use the same LED spectrums as the reflector series, but I'm not sure if the ratios are the same as the reflector in bloom mode.

If the classic series spectrum skews more blue than the 192x3 in bloom mode, you might be best to veg under the two 100x3 panels and then flower under the 192x3. Just know that the 100x3 will burn about 50% more electricity than the 192x3 in grow only mode.

I just received my 192x3 reflector and already had a 96x3 reflector, so I'm definitely curious to get confirmation that your "300w panels" are actually the classic model and not the 96x3. I want to know if I should expect any surprises.

Since it seems like you don't know much about your new reflector panel yet, just be sure to never run it with only the bloom switch on. Either grow only or grow + bloom. The fans only run when the grow switch is on. If you run in bloom only (don't), your panel will run hot and probably die a quick and horrible death.

DISCLAIMER: I've never grown any "medicinal" plants, nor do I plan to. I'm working on an indoor vegetable garden and I'm here because nobody knows how to grow indoors like the people here. So don't mistakenly confuse me for someone who knows what they're talking about. I just like to pretend like I do.

don't mistakenly confuse me for someone who knows what they're talking about. I just like to pretend like I do.

Nice info there jrogi, and welcome!
:welcome:

You should put this part of your DISCLAIMER in you signature line. That cracked me up! :laughtwo:

Haha. Thanks Monkey - I'll try to figure out how to do that.

I'm subscribed to and looking forward to your adventures with the 192x3s.

Haha. Thanks Monkey - I'll try to figure out how to do that.

I'm subscribed to and looking forward to your adventures with the 192x3s.

Sweet!!! Thanks for checking it out. My lights will be here tomorrow, and I'm stoked. I'll post a pic here and in my growroom thread.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

Pics as promised:

IMG_096216.JPG

Light only

IMG_096123.JPG

Growth switch on only

IMG_095824.JPG

Growth + Bloom switches both on.

The light is working perfectly and is PERFECT for my tent. I think this light would easily cover a 4x4 area as well, but 5x5 might be pushing it a little.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

I used a 300W TopLED for my first AK-47 grow in a 3x4x5 closet. I got about an ounce of very good medicine. I just bought a second one for my second grow to run in tandem with the first. I expect better yield, but we'll see.

I have no experience with heat output from HPS (I assume it runs quite hot). The LED arrays I use do give off heat. My closet gets to 85-90C quite quickly without some ventilation. I use an exhaust fan and carbon scrubber for odor control (AK47 gives off some serious odor) and cut an inlet vent with a separate booster fan to pull room air into the closet to help keep it under 85C.

Back
Top Bottom