E27 - LED Bulb Question

LabMan

I have a question about supplemental lighting using the standard e27 style led bulbs. Say hypothetically I have a 300w led... could I add some of these led bulbs (say 54w in red and blue spectrum, 3w x 18 diodes) for flower? would it make a difference and is it a good idea? Also, some of the bulbs I see at this wattage are 38 PAR rating. does anyone know the PAR of some of the popular led lights for comparison?

Yeah man go for it.

Red for flower, blue for veg, mix and match.

I'm guessing you mean this sort of thing?

bulb2.jpg

You gota watch out for misleading sellers.
It can be listed as 54w (b/c it has 54w of led chips) but have much much lower true watt usage (like in the 20's) because a cheaper/smaller driver was used.

And from what I understand that PAR rating has no standard of testing (how far from light) so the 38 could be 1 inch from the bulb or 1 foot.

You gota watch out for misleading sellers.
It can be listed as 54w (b/c it has 54w of led chips) but have much much lower true watt usage (like in the 20's) because a cheaper/smaller driver was used.

And from what I understand that PAR rating has no standard of testing (how far from light) so the 38 could be 1 inch from the bulb or 1 foot.

I got 10 * 10w LED GU10 bulbs for 2.99$ each. They were advertised as 10w but actual consumption I was told by the seller is 4-5w each. I think most LED light bulbs are sold like this, if run at 10w will get much too hot with a short life. Mine have 2 Red and 1 Blue. I would not believe claims about spectrum either, most likely NOT to use more expensive 660nm RED. Good for a bit of extra side lighting IMO, but that´s about it. I put them 1-2cm from plants without bleaching or heat problems, I also removed the plastic lenses which inhibit photons up-to 20% of the total emitted light (apparently)

Back
Top Bottom