Florida Amendment #2 Lost

OlderStoner

Well it was close but Amendment #2 which would have legalized Medical MJ only failed to reach the required super majority of 60%. The final tally was 58% to 42%, we missed by a measly 2%. I was holding out on my next grow awaiting the results. But alas, we're going to have to wait another 2 years for another shot at it. I think lots of things are going to start happening between now and then.

That stinks man. A little too conservative down there still. If you can handle snow, Maine is probably closest to state-wide passage. We have two of our largest towns, Portland, and South Portland, that went all the way legal. Good medicinal laws here. Good luck though, keep up the good fight down there!

I am from maine and legal there but now live in Florida. The ads were false and misleading to a point of lying on tv with no sponsor taking ownership of the adver. The hearings in the state capital were based on who was going to get rich and grow and sell. You have to live here to see this shit. They have many states to copy and choose what works. instead the power to be (30 year tomato,orange, strawberry) cattle farmers wanted to own the growers licences. The Florida agriculture Depart. runs the loto, liquor ang gambling revenue and controls it. You get my point.Only state to count 2 days for an election.

I too read articles down here which referenced the restrictions on growers. For example, the only growers considered were the large and expansive commercial outfits which can service over 400K plants a year. And they had to have insurance up the wazu and account for every seed, every leaf, etc... Out of about 40 or so firms which could qualify in Florida, only about 10 of them were interested and that number dwindled down to less than 5 when they counted only the ones who qualify and are ready to make the investment needed. And since timing is everything, that means "now".

Try to open a small restaurant and sell wine and hard stuff! $ 100000.00 to start for the liquior lic. if you are lucky. Rich Floridians do not like competion.

Back
Top Bottom