Going Green: Risks, Rewards Of Legal Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

Colorado lawmakers were given a year to draft recreational marijuana rules and regulations.

One law prohibits the public consumption of marijuana, leaving tourists searching for a legal safe place to smoke.

KCTV5's Josh Marshall went to Colorado and spoke with a man who took the law into his own hands.

"Me and my wife been together for 25 years. We have a 24-year-old daughter. Life has been good, but I've been a pot smoker my entire life," said Gary, who asked not to reveal his last name.

Under Amendment 64, a Colorado tourist can buy a quarter ounce of their favorite strain of marijuana, but they can't consume it openly in public.

"Even though I was buying legal products, I was forced to consume them illegally," Gary said.

Downtown Denver is full of cafes, restaurants and bars, but none are marijuana-smoker friendly. So in June, Gary moved to Denver and got his slice of private property.

"I found this duplex for rent. I live on one side, the other side is my man cave. It is my personal smoking space, and I invite the world to come to my house, bring their pot and be my friend. That way you can smoke legally," Gary said.

Even with a diverse background, Gary says he hasn't had any problems.

"People aren't here to be confrontational. They're not here to go pick up women or men. They're here to smoke pot and socialize, and we've had a great time," he said.

Gary's Rec Room is off the police radar because it is not commercial and doesn't make any money.

"I do this because it needed to happen," he said.

snoopdogg-e1355516057706.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Going Green: Risks, rewards of legal marijuana - KCTV5
Author: Chris Oberholtz & Josh Marshall
Photo Credit: DIY Network
Website: Kansas City, Missouri, Kansas News, Weather, Sports - KCTV5

Back
Top Bottom