Man Pulls Mobile Home Across Country Seeking Legalization Of Medical Marijuana

Katelyn Baker

Washington - Ras Ible is on a peaceful mission to legalize medical marijuana for veterans. In an attempt to spread his message, he built a rickshaw-style home and has pulled it across the country from Spokane, Washington to Washington D.C.

After 18 months of traveling, Ible finally arrived outside of the White House on Monday to promote the benefits of medical marijuana, which has helped him deal with his physical pain. He avoids the use of painkillers and other opioids because he wants to avoid the potential of addiction or abuse of the drug.

"I would like to see an end to prohibition federally so all the states can deal legally with this issue as they see fit," he told FOX 5. "I'm a veteran here and I have degenerative disc disease. I was going to the hospital about once a month to get a shot in my back because I refused to take narcotics. It wasn't working so I went on this nationwide march for 18 months now and 4,000 miles to live next door here to the president as a homeless veteran."

Ible has pulled his 560-pound home on wheels for 4,000 miles and even said it is even able to float on water.

"This particular unit here I put on the Mississippi River and paddled it down 50 miles," he said.

The veteran has served a 15-year charge for marijuana use and decided to start his journey in order to protest marijuana laws and raise awareness on homelessness.

"I'm going to visit all the important places wherever our politicians and congressmen and people go," said Ible. "I'm going to go ahead and speak to them ... Many people are visiting Washington right now during the election. We've got people all over the world. They are going to see this too. They have been filming me and photographing me all day and sending it in [different] languages. I can hear a little bit and I know they are talking about this unit and hopefully they will share with others because we can end homelessness with this vehicle."

rasIble.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Man Pulls Mobile Home Across Country Seeking Legalization Of Medical Marijuana
Author: Laura Evans
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom