Hello from the SE - Some advice please

Grow17

I've grown in the past, but it's been close to 20 years.
My current problem is I started my grow a month later than I wanted.
I have 2 AK48's which are a month old . One is 10 inches the other 8.
Both germinated a day apart. I also have one mystery plant {Nirvana} that's 15"
Tent is 4x4x2 using Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w 12-band LED Grow Light.
I started using the lantern method, but now that outside temps are in the upper 80's , my grow area is way too hot during the day, so I've been running the lights at night for apx 13 hours. Then 5.5 rest. Then I bring them outside for apx 6 hours , then 3 hours rest. Rinse and repeat.
Is there a problem doing this ?

Changing lighting won't effect anything. I'm not really familiar with the gas lantern method, but if that's the schedule then you should be ok going from LED to sun and back.

I live in the SE as well and struggle with heat issues. My tent stays at about 82-86° and I've not had any heat related problems. I run a Platinum P450 and have a 440cfm exhaust fan. I've also noticed that a cool most humidifier will help to keep temps lower

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No light ever does as well as the sun It's a good way of cutting cost, but the risk of pests goes up. The only thing I can say about the light schedule is what I've had success with. which is and 18-6 using the sun as a supplement. If you can window box it inside it cuts down the risk of pests. Good luck.

I hope it's OK because I started doing something similar only I have the schedule reversed - outside 13 hours, then inside and dark for 5 hours, then lights on for 6 hours then back out and repeat in the morning. No problems yet but I'm sure it will take awhile for one to crop up if it's going to.

Unfortunately, it's getting more difficult to even bring them outside without them being seen.
And window is definitely out of the question {nosey neighbors} .
It appears they are growing at a rate of 1/2 to 1" a day.
So if all goes well, I will be putting them in flower mode in another 2 weeks.
As I understand it, they will still grow another 6" or so before harvest.

I was under the understanding that AK48 is a medium size plant.
Also I'm thinking about trying Screen of Green
Thoughts on that ?

This was done using an extreme mainlining method (flux) on an Indica hybrid (White Widow) and I was able to keep the plant height down to <4 feet and kept it mobile to bring out for waterings or defoliation. This produced 5 ounces of dry bud.

image26631.jpg

Nice :)
Well then it's 12/12 time.
I'll post some pictures shortly.
I don't think I'm over watering, I use a meter and the knuckle method.
It goes back and forth, but today I have what I would call droopy leaves .

Back
Top Bottom