DUID Blood Level set at 5 nano grams THC per milliliter in Colorado

xtrchessreal

I live in CO and I am trying to find out if anyone knows of intoxication studies that support this seemingly extremely low level.

5 nano grams = 0.000,000,005 grams

I juice raw marijuana fan leaves everyday and also eat some THC candies once a month maybe. The numbers that were signed into law May 28th 2013 are 5 nano grams THC per milliliter. This number was based on a 90% conviction rate of DUID here prior to legal personal use was implemented Dec 10 2012. links for more info:

Colorado governor signs recreational marijuana regulations into law | Reuters
5 nanograms of THC for DUID in Colorado is a half-baked idea

Thanks for input:thanks:

They tried to throw a little science into the law just to confuse things a little. The 5ng cutoff is supposed to be based on THC-A which is just thc that has been carbolized by burning. Most employement drug tests just test for levels of regular THC metabolites at the 50ng level.
It confuses the science by making people believe that its being more specific about what they are testing and so they want you to believe that the lower 5ng cutoff is just testing for the main metabolite that causes people to get high when smoking. Just not true. 50ng is what the cutoff should be. At 5ng virtually every person that has smoked cannabis would pop positive for a DUI.
I imagine if you can follow the money trail for the people that pushed these cutoff levels you would find that they are police unions and private jail companies looking to increase their profits. Because there is no science for 5ng cutoff levels.
We have the same cutoff levels here in Washington and that is why I voted against our legalization initiative. I just didn't think it was fair to turn law abiding citizens into criminals with fake science.

Okay so I have heard from a former DUI offender that if you simply give up your drivers license (for 1 yr here in CO) and refuse any tests they cannot charge you with a specific level and therefore no DUI and the bullshit that surrounds it - classes, R-22 insurance form, higher insurance etc. All of this provided you have not been in an accident or caused someone harm. Has anyone heard this and is there a precedent in law for this? It seems like a good thing, too good to be true but at the same time has a compelling sound of truth.

:thanks:

Okay so I have heard from a former DUI offender that if you simply give up your drivers license (for 1 yr here in CO) and refuse any tests they cannot charge you with a specific level and therefore no DUI and the bullshit that surrounds it - classes, R-22 insurance form, higher insurance etc. All of this provided you have not been in an accident or caused someone harm. Has anyone heard this and is there a precedent in law for this? It seems like a good thing, too good to be true but at the same time has a compelling sound of truth.

:thanks:

Loosing your license for a year is not a good thing, but that is the law. They can still convict you of the DUI even w/o the test data. Don't drink and drive. I'm sure that law will be challenged. That would be like testing liver enzyme levels to prove alcohol intoxication.

Back
Top Bottom