Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Lavender

When: Jan 2010

Grade: C+

Type: Indica

Price: $95/half oz.

Looks: Medium-dark green DENSE buds with orange hairs.

Smell: Like fresh herbs - not really a heavy cannabis smell.

Taste: The smoke was sharp and caused me to hack. It had a hash-like flavor that left a slight spice taste on my tongue on the exhale.

Buzz Type: A rather mild buzz, causing a slightly spacey feel.

Buzz Length: Low/Medium – the “high” lasted for about 1-1.5 hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Not recommended

Overall: The buzz really left me wondering what the big deal was about this strain. I was really disappointed with the lack of intensity in a cerebral nor body high. A great case of looks are deceiving, because the pictures show some nice looking smoke...I ended up using the last of mine for a batch of brownies. Maybe the MMJ I got just wasn’t a “good” grow or flushed correctly, but I’ll be crossing this strain off the list of future buys.

Lavendar11.jpg

Lavendar21.jpg

Lavendar31.jpg

Lavendar41.jpg

Lavender is a favorite of mine(got some feminized lavender seeds from soma coming in a few days). I think you are right maybe it was just a "bad" grow. Lavender is one of the smoothest and most flavorful smokes ive had. very sweet and berry. It has a very unique smell and taste. I would say keep it on your list and wait for a nice purple, sweet smelling batch.
and sorry to hear about the harsh smoke. hacking is never good

Well mayb u r right as with the lav i grew was a body high.I have a cross of it going now.Lavender x Train Wreck just cracked em.we shall see what becomes of it.
Stay Safe,
Godspeed,
DnR

Strain Name: Lavender

When: June 2011

Grade: A-

Type: Hybrid

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: beautiful frosty purple nugs — fluffy & airy

Smell: Sweet fresh greens

Taste: Smooth and slightly grape

Buzz Type: A bit cerebral and spacey with a strong couch lock following

Buzz Length: 1.5 hours +/-

Best Medicinal Use: Appetite enhancement, body relaxation and insomnia.

Overall: Normally I avoid hydro grows, as they typically don't have the smell and flavor that a soil grow has (just my personal experience with local growers). So, when the Bud Tender pulled this strain out for me to try, I was surprised both by the sweet smell and the fact he pulled it out for me since he knows my preference. This was the redeeming batch of Lavender, as the last batch was harsh and not very good at medicating. The buzz was slightly cerebral and then a staged body high hit that had me couch locked. Headed off to bed and got a nice full nights sleep. Reportedly the first attempt by a new grower, and I'd say based on this sample he has a great future!

Lavander_RVC_6-2011-1.jpg

Lavander_RVC_6-2011-1-2.jpg

Lavander_RVC_6-2011-2.jpg

Lavander_RVC_6-2011-3.jpg

Lavander_RVC_6-2011-4.jpg

Lavender_RVC_6-2011-1m.jpg

Lavender_RVC_6-2011-2m.jpg

Lavender_RVC_6-2011-3m.jpg

Looks beautiful dark purple and smell like lovely light lavender mixed with a fresh scent of pine. Tastes wonderful like hints of fresh cut fruit. This is truly a satisfying smoke, very medicinal.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom