Bit heavy-handed

rb777

So I am growing 2x pineapple chunk in an NFT set up. I topped both of them and they were both looking good. However today I have broken (as in no longer attached) the two top branches on one of the plants. Any ideas what will happen here given that they would of been the main tops??

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Only 4 weeks into veg. She still looks healthy enough. I had topped her once already they were the resulting two tops that are no longer not sure what will happen
420-magazine-mobile1345412566.jpg

Wicked cheers mate I appreciate it. Going to keep them in veg for a few more weeks yet anyway build
Up plenty of budsites

The next 2 nodes will just become the new leaders same as if you had topped there originally.

I would remove the 2 large fan leaves above the new leaders because those leaves will slow top shoot development.
> They will divert nutrients and stimulants flowing up the stem meant for growth of lead shoots.
> Energy flowing down stem will signal top shoots that they are not primary shoots affecting growth rate.

Actually all side shoots should develop more evenly with the lead shoots further down stem. That will fill scrog net more evenly and give better yield that will make up for longer veg time.

Thanks for that I was toying with the idea of taking them off I will be on it now. Cheers

420-magazine-mobile298572193.jpg

Update for you people as you can now see she has recovered fully from my brutality and Is doing tip top.
Cheers for the input guys

were you able to save the top... I broke mine off also at just 4 weeks and want to save the top also...any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom