Lights - 400 Watt HPS/MH
Nutrients - Fox Farms
Medium - Pro Mix BX
PPM - unknown
PH - 6.4-6.5
RH - 10% to 20%
Room Temperature -75 to 80
Pests - None Known

Problem: The older leaves on my seedling seem to be spotting, dark areas, almost grayish in color. I have followed the Fox Farms schedule, 2 tbs per gallon of Big Bloom for seedlings. (ph adjusted to 6.4) I started at half strength even. Anyone have any ideas? The new growth looks very healthy, I just don't get why the older leaves are looking so bad.

IMG_001418.JPG

Sorry for the crappy quality image.

Thanks in advance for any help. :thanks:

I'm no expert but I don't think your supposed to give them nutes for the first couple weeks. good luck

I'm using soiless medium, so there are no nutrients.(Promix bx) I'm just following what foxfarm schedule says and It says 1 week/seedling, 2 tbs per gallon of big bloom. So am I just suppose to wait 2 weeks with no nutrients and then start following week 3 of the schedule?

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Well like I said I'm no expert. I've just read here somewhere that you shouldn't give them any nutes for the first couple of weeks. I know with one of my plants I started give it nutes a little early and it yellowed a bit. it is catching up with the rest of them now though after I gave it just water for a week. good luck!

I'm using soiless medium, so there are no nutrients.(Promix bx) I'm just following what foxfarm schedule says and It says 1 week/seedling, 2 tbs per gallon of big bloom. So am I just suppose to wait 2 weeks with no nutrients and then start following week 3 of the schedule?

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

No matter. Seedlings neither need or want nutes for the first 3 weeks or so.

You are burning it up regardless of what FF says and 2tbs/gallon is too hot even for 3 weeks.

@3 weeks, try 1teaspoon/gallon and just plain water till then.

Learn to read your plant, not a schedule.

DD

You are burning it up regardless of what FF says and 2tbs/gallon is too hot even for 3 weeks.

DD

:goodjob: 420% Correct:bravo:

+Rep

DD

She is already looking much greener now that I have just been feeding her plain ph adjusted water. Thanks again, lesson learned, don't listen to FoxFarm schedule. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom