10 Things You May Not Know About Cannabis/Marijuana

Slizzard

1. Marijuana does NOT kill brain cells. This was started by Ronald Reagan for the most part. He had some tests done on monkeys that would have the monkeys wearing a gas mask and it would be pumped full of the marijuana smoke from 30 joints daily, and then they would have a count of the dead brain cells from the control monkeys and the test monkeys and concluded that the test monkeys had a much higher count of dead brain cells. Well if this proves that marijuana kills brain cells then why is it that the method of proving this wasn't released for another 6 years then?? That would be because this test does not prove that marijuana kills brain cells, it proves that suffocation does. Unfortunately THIS part of the information was not widely publicized as was the false evidence, and therefore, word of mouth from generation to generation has passed along that MJ kills brains cells and it is a popular myth taken as fact to this day.

2. Marijuana does NOT cause Cancer. Marijuana has NEVER even been recored to cause brown lung disease. The elements in Marijuana just dont have the cancer causing factors that Tobacco has.

3. In 10,000 years of known use, there have been ZERO deaths, anywhere, ever, caused by marijuana that have been recorded.

4. Since the 1970's and 80's, the number of cannabis users have increased by more than 100,000% (no, that's not a typo)

5. Only 3% of marijuana admittances to treatment facilities are voluntary. Over 97% of them are made to go or given the option to go instead of jail time or something of that sort. Whether it be by the order of a guardian, court system, job, etc.

6. Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. The people who say this and try to "prove" it are simply ignorant. It is PROVEN that the "Gateway effect" is caused by prohibition. If cannabis carries the gateway effect then the same could be said for milk. (I.E.- I started drinking milk then one day decided to drink alcohol, so milk is a gateway drug.) There is no chemical in cannabis that just makes you one day say "hey, i want to go try cocaine." As a matter of fact, only 1 out of every 104 marijuana users have used cocaine, and the number is much lower than that for all other hard drugs.

7. Cannabis Hemp is one of the most useful products the United States has ever seen. Hemp is strong, durable, environmentally safe, cheap, can replace other resources, and has been used throughout the entire history of our country. So why is it legal to buy, sell, import, export, trade, and use, yet it is illegal to grow?

8. The first 2 copies of the United States Declaration of Independence were written on cannabis hemp paper.

9. There is NO other product today that provides as many medical benefits as Cannabis. Over 200 medical conditions can be helped in some way with the use of it.

10. Over $7.7 million of your tax money is spent annually to enforce the marijuana prohibition, where as, if it were legalized and regulated, our country would be profitting more than $14 billion annually from it.

**If any of you live in TN (as do i), from the info i have been given so far on this matter (assuming it's correct), the process to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes in TN could be starting as soon as this coming February depending of course who takes office in the upcoming elections. But, Even though cannabis is an excellent aid for many medical issues, the "medical marijuana" acts being passed around the country are simply a horse for the legalization of marijuana entirely to ride into our country on. Depending on who gets offices in California this election, the process to legalize entriely, regulate, and tax marijuana to those 21 and up could begin this coming November. Which would make California the FIRST state to abolish the prohibition on cannabis.**

:tokin:{Feel free to add any additional facts or edit mine if needed}:tokin:

2. Marijuana does NOT cause Cancer. Marijuana has NEVER even been recored to cause brown lung disease. The elements in Marijuana just dont have the cancer causing factors that Tobacco has.
Nixon's jamaican study showed that habitual pot users actually have some of the lowest cancer rates of any group.

Harvard has actually shown THC to cut cancer growth in half. https://www.nowpublic.com/thc_marijuana_helps_cure_cancer_says_harvard_study

I sure hope big pharma will face some stiff litigation when word finally gets out about them keeping this information from the public.

Oh yeah, and these are only a few things that are being kept from the public. It literally blows my mind. We've been lied to our whole lives about marijuana. A great film to watch, if you're interested, is "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High." AWESOME documentary. I learned so much.
Also, fun fact... If those who drink alcohol and smoke tobacco were to substitute marijuana for the tobbacco and alcohol it can add as much as 8-24 years to your life.

Oh yeah, and these are only a few things that are being kept from the public. It literally blows my mind. We've been lied to our whole lives about marijuana. A great film to watch, if you're interested, is "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High." AWESOME documentary. I learned so much.
Also, fun fact... If those who drink alcohol and smoke tobacco were to substitute marijuana for the tobbacco and alcohol it can add as much as 8-24 years to your life.

Dude, The Union always makes me sniffal a little. Especially during the interview with that guy with the bone problem where he violently shakes the way he does and can not stop, and it totally hurts him. :C If he was not able to smoke weed, he would be in constant pain and doing those severe convulsions all the time. It was hard to watch that part for me. So sad. :C

Dude, The Union always makes me sniffal a little. Especially during the interview with that guy with the bone problem where he violently shakes the way he does and can not stop, and it totally hurts him. :C If he was not able to smoke weed, he would be in constant pain and doing those severe convulsions all the time. It was hard to watch that part for me. So sad. :C

Oh i knoww. I thought it was pretty amazing that he was shaking uncontrollably and could barely talk at all and then he took 2 or 3 hits of a joint and was nearly steady as a stone.
Also are you stalking me? haha jk, i think you posted after all my posts from yesterday though :p :tokin:

Hahaha, oh shit. I just now realized it since you put it out there. I am just stoned as fuck and I am enjoying all the crazy topics that are out there right now. :smokin:

I actually did know most of those things, though I will say this: Smoking pot is bad for your lungs, this is common sense, its smoke. What kills most fire victims? Smoke inhalation. It may not cause cancer, but smoke of any kind does bad things to the delicate tissues in your lungs, better to vape, if you can afford it.

but smoke of any kind does bad things to the delicate tissues in your lungs, better to vape, if you can afford it.

True, inhaling ANY burnt carbon based material isn't good for your lungs. I have never used a store bought vape, only homemade ones. I'm def Not a fan. You got any good suggestions on places to look with decent prices? I wouldn't mind having an actual decent vaporizer of my own.

Number 8 is the real shocker for me, I cant believe the first copies were written on hemp paper! ha Pretty awesome if you ask me!

I wish people who are still SOOOO AGAINST weed would know these facts and believe them. I like how cig's are legal and kill more people then anything else.

STUPID GOVERNMENT.

If only people were SMART ENOUGH to believe this kind of information!

:goodjob:

True, inhaling ANY burnt carbon based material isn't good for your lungs. I have never used a store bought vape, only homemade ones. I'm def Not a fan. You got any good suggestions on places to look with decent prices? I wouldn't mind having an actual decent vaporizer of my own.

Well, you're probably nowhere near me, but the last time I was at "local" headshop (its a thirty mile drive away in another state) they had some little ones for about fifty dollars. I would have picked one up, but the weed I normally get isn't worth vaping. I hate being poor.

you could try eBay, I guess.

Well, we can make it public. There are already documentaries as we know, and there are people out there trying to spread the word from protesting, or parades. My friends and I are planing on making a information booth talking about the goodness that is of weed. We even made buttons. :D So the information IS getting out there, it just depends on the people themselves. If you are not out there helping spread the word, of course not many people are going to find out about the truth!

I know. I wish all kinds of information like this would be WIDELY publicized.

Like the comment below says, the info is available to the public, although we are lied to frequently about marijuana.

I think a lot of people can't seperate weed from other drugs. One day my dad told me "why do you smoke dope??" And it hit me that a lot of older people think of weed as something just as bad as cocaine, etc... When we all know ITS NO WHERE NEAR that. They refuse to believe that weed is a GOOD drug, it grows naturally on this earth, it was put here for a reason; unlike the man made crap.

Well, we can make it public. There are already documentaries as we know, and there are people out there trying to spread the word from protesting, or parades. My friends and I are planing on making a information booth talking about the goodness that is of weed. We even made buttons. :D So the information IS getting out there, it just depends on the people themselves. If you are not out there helping spread the word, of course not many people are going to find out about the truth!

People find the truth, many just choose not to believe it. (my opinion)

Although this kind of information IS available to the public, it is NOT well known. We've all just been lied to our whole lives about mj and though some of us have learned the truth, others find it hard to believe mj ISN'T bad for you when that's what they've been taught since they were young. This is one of the toughest problems in my community. It is hard to spread cannabis awareness when everyone looks at you like you are full of shit when you try to contradict the lies they believe.

Well, it's better that there is someone out there, still trying to teach. Yes there are going to be people who look at me wrong, and will stick with their original thoughts, but there are still a few that will believe and convert their thoughts. Even if I change one persons mind, or even a couple, at least that is a few more people on our side. And I am glad to share that knowledge no matter what the reaction. :D

Back
Top Bottom