100 Pounds Of Marijuana Seized In Traffic Stop On I-40

Warbux

A Texas man was arrested on Interstate 40 in Dickson and charged with felony possession with intent for resale after 100 pounds of marijuana were found in the pickup truck he was driving.

According to Tennessee Department of Safety spokesman Mike Browning, a Tennessee State Trooper stopped a 1997 Dodge Ram pickup on I-40 in Dickson County and seized nearly 100 pounds of marijuana out of the truck, driven by 32-year-old Guadalupe Garcia of Brownsville.

Browning said that at approximately noon Monday, March 29, Trooper Shawn Seay observed a white Dodge Ram 2500 traveling 91 mph in a 70 mph zone eastbound at the 176 mile marker on I-40. Trooper Seay pulled the vehicle over one mile later.

"After Trooper Seay noticed a 5-gallon gas tank in the bed of the truck and upon further questioning, the driver consented to a search of the vehicle, Browning said in a press release issued Wednesday. "Due to suspicion of drugs in the fuel tank, Trooper Seay requested the local drug interdiction unit. A K-9 hit on both sides of the pickup near the gas tank."

Browning said the Dodge Ram pickup was taken to a nearby Chevrolet dealership where the fuel tank was removed. Inside the fuel tank, 30 bricks of marijuana were uncovered. The bricks, weighing approximately 90 to 100 pounds were wrapped in newspaper and duct-taped with plastic.

The driver, the pickup, marijuana and approximately $200 dollars in cash were seized by THP in accordance with state law.

Trooper Seay was assisted by the 23rd Judicial Task Force, the THP Criminal Investigation Division (CID), THP Interdiction Plus, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).

The case was bound over to the grand jury Tuesday and Garcia is being held in the Dickson County Jail on $50,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Circuit Court May 10.

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Dickson Herald
Author: Teri Burton
Contact: tennessean.com | The Tennessean | Nashville news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Nashville, TN
Copyright: 2010 The Dickson Herald
Website: 100 pounds of marijuana seized in traffic stop on I-40 | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Back
Top Bottom