1000w 5x5 tent set up help

TheLorax

I have a 5x5x7 grow tent with a 1000w xxxl cool hood hid light.
2-6" inline fans for cool hood and tent cooling
1-8" vortex fan for charcoal air scrubber.

Where I'm stuck is yeild. I want to make sure I get the best yeilds possible. Should I go with many small autos (10-20) or 5 large bushy plants vegged out for 2.5-3 months?

Any info helps and is appreciated. This will be my first big (well big to me) grow.

I understand there are lots of factors that greatly affect yeilds but lets just pretend it's a perfect grow set up.

it doesn't really matter if you go with many small plants or a few large ones; what you want to focus on is having enough canopy to make use of that 1000 watts, which means you want 5x5 of canopy. I'd say you're better off using 400-600 watts of MH or getting some fluorescents for your veg so you're not wasting nearly as much electricity throwing that 1000w at the floor when you don't have enough plant to absorb it.

I have a 400w im gonna use for veg in a separate room. So what about a 5x5 Scrog? Ive never tried it but is it worth all the extra veg time and effort?

Yeild increases with canopy. If you want to turn the room quickly, many small plants with very little veg time filling the whole 5x5 will yeild more than a few large plants with a lots of veg time in which you would have to train and scrog out. Look at the difference between SOG and SCOG. SOG is many small plants with even canopy, little veg time. Similar results with SCROG which is sea of green but needs lots of training and veg time to fill the whole screen. Hope that helps.

Which road did you end up taking?
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom