11th week flowering and still not ready?

Mrvinc911

Alright, so this is my micro-grow plant I did pretty much out of curiosity. I did 1 month of vegetation with 28w CFLs, then I started flowering with 23w warm light CFLs with 12/12 lighting ever since I started. So it's been close to 11 weeks (tomorrow is the 11th week) and she still isn't showing any amberish trichomes. I'm trying to take a close up of the trichomes, I'll update the thread once I get a good picture.

Started from seed
Unknown strain

How many 23w bulbs are you using?
How far are the bulbs from the canopy?

Does the plant have thin, long leaflets, or short, wide leaflets?

Are you checking trichomes on the buds only? Trichomes on the leaves usually mature at a different rate.

I grew a plant that went 11 weeks before I started seeing an amber tint to trichomes. Depending on strain, this is likely normal.

How many 23w bulbs are you using?
How far are the bulbs from the canopy?

Does the plant have thin, long leaflets, or short, wide leaflets?

Are you checking trichomes on the buds only? Trichomes on the leaves usually mature at a different rate.

I grew a plant that went 11 weeks before I started seeing an amber tint to trichomes. Depending on strain, this is likely normal.

Using 2 23W warm CFLs, leaves are thin and short. I've been checking the trichomes on the bud and the leaves, they are all pretty much clear/cloudy. I uploaded some pictures so you can see the plant, I had a hard time getting clear pictures of the trichomes but I tried my best. Also, I've been flushing her since the middle 9th week I'm not sure if I just keep flushing or not.

CIMG08951.JPG

CIMG08961.JPG

CIMG08951.JPG

CIMG08991.JPG

The plant would definitely benefit from more light. You can use your other bulbs that were used for Veg without a problem. That'll give you double the light right there.

Cloudy trichomes are good. That represents them entering peak maturity. As they turn amber the THC begins to degrade. I personally harvest with as close to 100% cloudy as possible, and as few clear/amber as possible. But each grower has their own preference how much amber they like.

Taking pictures of trichomes is VERRRRRY difficult. I've had some luck using my phone, and varying the distance of my phone, while using the zoom function. If you have a magnifier or scope, you can get an even better picture, but keeping both steady while focusing and taking the picture is a little more difficult.

Flushing may/maynot have been started too early. But since it was an unknown strain, the only thing you can do is guess when to start flushing, based on what you see in trichomes. If you've flushed for 2 weeks, you should be ok with just giving her plain water now. It sounds like you're pretty close to when you can start harvesting, so don't sweat it, you're almost there!

Here's a quick guide to show you how to add pictures into your posts after you've uploaded them: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

On the 13th week still no amber, just cloudy. I think I'm just going to wait 1 more week and just harvest if I don't see any change.

Cloudy is good, but what % cloudy to what % clear?

Make sure you look at the buds, not the leaves.

Most of them are cloudy, you'll see some clear ones here and there. So maybe like 90% cloudy, I think I see some amber but it looks like its just the shadow that's doing it. Yes I'm looking at the bud not the leaves.

Yes I know, but a lot of people are saying to wait until they're a little amberish because then you know it's not too early of a harvest. Since it's my 1st time I want to harvest correctly.

Most of them are cloudy, you'll see some clear ones here and there. So maybe like 90% cloudy, I think I see some amber but it looks like its just the shadow that's doing it. Yes I'm looking at the bud not the leaves.

You're at a pretty decent harvest point now, this would be the beginning of the harvest window.

If you would like to wait, by all means do so, I grew a strain that took 11 weeks before I started seeing trichomes just start to have an amber tinted color to them. Just be patient, you'll see amber trichomes soon enough.

Alright, not sure why she took so long to get to this point. Maybe because she's a micro grow I'm unsure. Huge thanks for informing me :thanks:

Like antics said all strains are different, the hashes of the world are all different colors as well because some have red trichs when it is made some have cloudy, Red Hash, Blond hash, brown charas. What I would do is harvest a few tops now, then let the rest mature till there are some amber, then harvest those, and do a PROPER cure, then you will know what the difference is with this strain.

Back
Top Bottom