1ST Grow - Flowering Stage Question

angelag

Hi there. This is my very first grow. . I'm trying to understand the process. I notice people talk about "weeks". Flowering weeks.. I have no clue what week of flowering my plants are in. I planted them in the ground early June and they were about 2 ft tall. I have mind apple, ogiesel, master kush mango, & g's madgoo. Can you give me simple advice? My plants are huge now!! I'm very excited and hope the four plants create nice bud! I'm curious as to what you do... and when. Flowering etc. I would have attached photos, but I can't find how to do that.

Thank you!

When they go into flower, you'll see it build flowers at branch ends and all over, covered in pistils. With it being outdoors you might start flowering this week depending on where you live. You'll want to get a loupe or scope so you can check trichomes to know when to harvest

Yes they are forming these beautiful buds all over. .. But I don't no the week or stage I'm in. . That I hear people talking about.

It's a general guideline, but almost never right. That's why breeders will tell you how many weeks or what month to harvest, but when you actually start flower is different for everyone. Most strains are October, some November. That's why they say to watch the trichs, cause once they get about 25 percent amber, that's when you wanna pull, depending on the kind of high you want to get.

Here's what they looked like 2 weeks ago. I've been thinning them out a bit since.
20140811_080132.jpg
20140811_080159.jpg
20140811_080204.jpg

They look good, and seem to be right on track. They still got a ways to go, so wait to see when the pistils turn brown and recede back into calyx, and then just watch the trichs. Gonna be some good smoke

Back
Top Bottom