1st Grow - Indoor Soil

Downlow

Hello dear members.
This is my first grow. The seeds are of unknown origin (got them from a friend's friend) until i'll get some more "serious" seeds.
I bought some prepared soil with some fertilizer in it and some cheap organic based fertilizer with 7-3-4 NPK , and another fertilizer with 10-24-10 NPK.
I've built a growing box with 4 PC fans, 2 for intake and 2 for exhaust.
Growing lamp: 21X Pro LED Grow light, 20/4 cycle.
Timer: Sentinel DRT 1.
SUNLEAVES Digital 4-WaY Soil Meter

After a 2 days germination I've transferred my plants to the soil:
20140425_164114.jpg

After 5 days in the sun I've transferred the plants to the growing box:
CameraZOOM-20140426122247665.jpg

Now this is after a week inside the box:
20140429_171539.jpg

Thanks for reading, Happy to receive any feedback!

If it were me, I'd put the plants much closer to the LED lights. They're nowhere near as hot as HID lamps, so you should be able to get away with much less distance between the light source and plants. Otherwise, you might end up with plants that have a lot of spacing between inter-nodes.
Just an opinion.

Thanks for advice, the temp inside the box is about 85 deg F, it wouldn't be too hot for the plant?
How high you recommend it should be?

It passed about 3 weeks after the plants popped out and this is how they look now:

CameraZOOM-20140510191613651.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140510191637629.jpg

I've lowered the light and started using a fertilizer. I put half a teaspoon of the 7-3-4 NPK fertilizer in a liter of water and water the plants with this.
Can i difference the plants gender at this stage?

you can't tell the gender until they start flowering stage.

also, as for positioning the LED closer, might wanna look that up first cos I'm seeing reports that LEDs shouldn't be so close.

Hi guys, here is an updated picture of the plants:
20140513_182813.jpg

One of the plants is growing good and the other one is not so much. In the last 2 weeks the plant barely grown.
And as you can see in the picture he has 2 small yellow leafs:
20140513_182951.jpg

Why the plant grow is very slow??

the two small yellow leaves are it's cotyledons, these will drop off and this is normal. a lot of people use the falling of the cotyledons as a signal to start nutes. as for why it's slower; are you giving them all the same conditions? (same amount of light, watering etc)?

Yes, as you can see they located at the same box centered under the LED light. Right now the light cycle is 20/4.
BTW I've started adding nutes to the water about a week ago.

well, they could be different strains, which can explain the differences in grow speed.

i have four plants of the same strain and they're still growing at different speeds.

So.. after about one month of growing (not including germination):
20140519_162456.jpg

20140519_163343.jpg

The taller plants is about 7.5 inchesinches and the smaller one is about 6.6.
I've checked the pH level inside the pots, at both pots the pH is 7 at the top of the pot, 6.5 pH in the middle and 5.5 at the bottom. So I've decided to not use any nutes for a week.
I have a question about using another lamp, is it good for the plant if i add a regular florescent lamp thats pointed to the lower parts of the plants?

Update:cheer:
20140625_191113.jpg

So.. ten days ago ive started the flowrring stage, 12-12 light cycle.
As you can see the plants have growen high and they have reached the to the lamp.
Problem is i dont have any other space to put the plants in.
Cant wait till i see the first flowers.

not really i wouldn't have thought (still a newb myself in most respects), alls I've done on the flip to 12/12 was top off the pots with a little more media (i use coir) and increase my nutes gently (as you're on soil this may be different), if anything I'd strongly recommend getting them some more vertical space, as they're going to grow more.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom