1st hydroponic grow

........What am I missing ? What am I doing incorrectly? As I want to try a few of the seeds I have left but don't want the same thing to happen or for them to go to waste. I honestly thought DWC would be a lot better than this!! I'm understanding the PH and everything but don't know how to keep my plants stable in rockwool.

My best experience starting seeds and using dwc has come when I germinated the seed between paper towels. Once it cracks and the tap root is about one eighth of an inch (0.3cm) I place it in a rooting cube...gently, root down. The rapid rooter, jiffy pot, rockwool cube....whichever it is, then gets placed into my dwc basket sort of buried in the hydroton. I put that on my bucket and supply air. Every day at lights on I pull a couple of cups of water from the bucket and pour it around the top of the hydroton. Circular from the center outward. In a few days my plants break ground. I continue to water them like that once a day, but not right up against the plant, until roots reach the reservoir. After that is is time to sit back and roll one and wait...wait...wait...wait...harvest. :)

Thank you very much rifleman. I've got a bucket right now that's been going with two air stones in it and I've managed to keep the PH between 5.7 and 6.1. It has actually been going for the last three days. The only reason I didn't rinse my hydroton and set it up in my netpot along with the rockwool cube inside it is because everyone else made it seem like you needed roots through the rockwool cube first.

Looks like I'm on my way to rinse some hydroton and set her up in the bucket:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom