1st project - Need a little help with a question

ripking7

I have my first grow box in a plastic bin, the ones that everyone buys right after Christmas when they're on sale ;)
I have the lights set up and in the process of installing the fan and exhaust. Since I am putting this box in the attic, and I am in the beginning of a long summer in Florida, I was wondering if I tapped into one of the air ducts, would that be enough to keep the temperature relatively consistent??? I know that the thermostat is located in the house and there is no way to regularly keep the temperature controlled in the box.

I was just going to go ahead and try this...but if there is an easier way or if anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears!!

Re: 1st project... Need a little help with a question.

Hello ripking, welcome to the forum
Last place you want your plants is in the attic in the summer in Florida I'm betting!. Do you have a room that stays between 70 to 80 on a consistent basis? Perhaps a closet?

I do have a closet that I can use, but I have too many visitors in the form of small nephews and I really don't want them to stumble across them by accident. I know the attic isn't the preferred place, but its the only place that I can guarantee nobody goes up there.
Thanks for your input Alaskan1

hmm i'm from around the world on a cooler climate and florida seams like a very hot place..
i can only imagine that your attic is damn hot in the summer, it is here !

What is the size of this pin?
where iam from i don't believe that we buy such after christmas:hmmmm:

do u house have air con?

I'm with AK1 on this one. Unless you have an attic fan to keep things cool, it can get up to 130 VERY quickly in the southern sun. That will FRYYYYYYYYY your grow. Running AC into the attic would help, but would be too inconsistent to really do much good. I hesitate as well, because most attics are breeding grounds for molds in the winter and if you do manage to get your temps down to say 85 up there in the summer, that is the PERFECT place for molds to thrive when you add the water from a grow box. Dark, warm, moist is all molds need, and it will be all over for the grow, and your insulation as well.

I'd suggest you put it down in the storm cellar if you have one.

Back
Top Bottom