1st Time Hydro Grow Wilma 10 Pot White Russian!

DSC002531.JPG

still lookin good, the timer I use is a 15 amp one I got at a Lowes similar store, it's a digital one with 2 plugs. I think it is actually meant for sprinklers or something, it has like 20+ settings of on/off etc but i only use 2, 1 on 1 off. Biggest thing is just make sure it is rated for more amps than whatever your startup amperage is and you should be good. The timer I have cost me like $15.

btw I switched my white russian to flower a lot sooner than I expected, they filled the screen really fast so I will be harvesting mine around the same time as you. I knew one of my phenos was a winner, I cracked 5 seeds, 3 were female and I immediately knew that one has to be "the one" by how fast it does everything, it was the first to root, first to break the soil, after all were around 6" I put them in flower to sex em and within 2 days this 1 pheno showed its sex. I'm allowed 6 plants so I took 3 cuttings of it, 2 of one of the others and 1 of the other one I doubt will be as good. I'm keeping cuttings of all 3 around though until I harvest to make sure I'm not kicking myself, maybe one of the inferior ones now will be like the ugly duckling and surprise me... wishful thinking. I started flowering mine on the 12th so I'll be sure to post a pic of my Joey Weed's White Russian as well when they are a little further along if you don't mind.

The pheno I took 3 cuttings of filled my scrog screen by the time the others even hit the screen, it really sucks, I had to flip to flower like 15 days into veg(Apr 12th).. I was expecting 1 month +. I really hope the flowers on this one are as impressive as its early growth, if so Joey Weed got me a real winner, It fills out a few more inches every day, but man it is a mess, I have to really stay on top of that undergrowth.. I didn't expect that with the white russian having so much indica in it, this thing grows as fast as my Swiss Bliss Sativa strain I was gowing before. Not trying to thread jack at all, just I am running the same strain in a hydro (NFT) setup as well. If you want to see some pics just let me know, I could take some now if you want but it isn't too impressive yet, when we get closer to flower though I'd love to compare how they look to see if Joey Weed's breeding can compare to the real deal, I am running a 1000w Super HPS

hi all & i know its bin hell ov long time since i was last here due to me losing & forgetting my password & not knowing how to sort it (silly me )

Anyway happy new year everyone & hope your all still live & kicking !!
I would like to finish the journal in most positive way possible & announce that the grow in the end went very well & i ended up with round 16/17 oz cured & dryed of perfect bud !! Very proud i was seein as it was my 1st attempt at hydro !!

I will be starting a new journal in the next few days & if anyone would like to follow your more than welcome , i would also like to thank all of you who helped me with advice & knowledge on this grow many thanx !!!! :thumb:

hi wgazza ile try my best 2 answer ya questions , i know its a b****rd when things go wrong lol !!

ok question 1 ) i transplanted my seeds 2 my kit about a week after they sprouted , at this point i was only spraying them with ph corrected water & formulex with a ec of aroun 0.6 jus make sure they dont dry out but also dont drown them !! it takes a little practice but ide say 50% moisture is about rite !! 2 ) yes my drippers were directly in between the 1 inch cubes & the 3 inch cubes to make sure the solution got to the roots!!

3 ) when i put my seedlings in the pots with the clay pebbles, i watered once a day with the drippers & used formulex in the res with ph of 5.4 -5.9 & used an ec of 0.6 to 0.9 !!
during veg i i switched to using half strength canna nutes with the same ph as above but used a ec of 0.9 to 1.1 & watered them twice a day for 15mins

4) i swapped to the flood drippers in the middle of the second week of veg , the root mass grows fast in these kits & ule never satisfy ya plants thirst if you leave in the arrow drippers , i would regard this as a must but try & time it correctly cos if you put in the flooders too i early , i could suspect youd end up drownin ya plants

5) i use canna aqua nutes at half strength it brings the ec to around 1.2 which i think is around perfect , dont take any notice about hardwater areas & all that crap about using distilled or ROwater , my water comes out at a ph of around 8 & when adjusted my plants seem fine

i hope ive answered ya questions as detailed as possible but if theres anything ive missed or forgotten , just giz a shout & ile try my best to help ya !! hope ya get the hang of the wilma kit cos wen youve got it dialed in its a wicked piece of kit in my opinion :peacetwo:

Hi Mate, nice job.
I recently bought a Wilma 10 system and I am about to grow hydro for the first time so I have a few questions. If you can help me it would be much appreciated.
1. The tank is 85 Liters. Should I fill it up (85L) every time and add nutrient accordingly even when my plants are too young?
2. The nutrient schedule describe the dosage per week. How often should I change the solution?How should I control nutrients between weeks if I don't change the solution every week? Should I just add those as on top of the last as in the chart dosage?

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom