1st time hydro - Over or under watering?

ColoradoStyle

First let me start off by saying hello! Thank you for taking the time to help me with my probelm. If you want to skip all the BS and get down to it, just skip to the end. This is my first time grow and im going off of everything that I have been reading online here in the forums over the past year or so. If you are interested in maybe a grow journal, let me know as I have been considering it but was holding off until my second grow.

My grow:

What strain is it? Sunburn
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? aprox 1.5 weeks since popping (transplanted into larger buckets 4 days ago)
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro with dutch (bato) buckets
Medium? 10% coco 90% perlite with the bottom 2-3 inches filled with expanded clay pellets and top covered with 1 layer of expanded clay pellets
Size of light? DIY vero 29 6cob 3500k 300w at the wall. running at 180-220w pending on temps. I keep it 16-18" above canopy
Is it aircooled? passive heatsink with 6in fan blowing on it
Temp of Room/cab? 74-79 with light on. running 4" inline fan pulling fresh air from outside and venting outside)
RH of Room/cab? 17-25% (too low i know, working on it. That dry Colorado air)
PH of media or res? 5.8-6.1 @ 500ppm currently, slowly increasing to 900ppm over next 2 weeks.
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? 5x for a total of 19mins
Type and strength of ferts used? General hydro micro and gro and cal mag currently.

I am growing in a 20x36x62" tent with a 300w actual draw diy led light running at 180-220w depending on the temps. I am doing a dutch bucket method inspired by Heyena Merica's Project 21 dream grow journal. The bottom 3" of the buckets are ECP and the rest is 10% coco and 90% perlite with a layer of the extra ECP on top. It is watered by 6" water rings 5x a day for a total of 19mins (4 3min cycles through out the day and 1 5min cycle a few mins before lights off). I have a res that holds just over 6 gal with 2 air stones in it. When its watered it floods the bottom 3-4 inches of the buckets but the last 2 inches of water stays in the bucket. The whole medium does not get saturated.

I currently have 2 plants, one doing well and the other the leaves are drooping from either over watering or under watering, I cannot tell. Both plants are receiving the same amount of water from the same res. The first set of leaves are a little burnt at the tips from adding nutes a little too early on both plants, rookie mistake. I am also wondering if it could just be because of the recent transplant on monday (12/11/17). Here are some pictures:

My setup (the cardboard on the line is to cover where I fill the reservoir below)
20171214_180722_1_.jpg

The good plant
20171214_180449_1_.jpg

My wounded warrior
20171214_180623_1_.jpg

The cut and dry: am I overwatering or underwatering my plant? They get "flooded" for a total of 19mins through out the day.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

That's a great looking setup. I wouldn't worry too much about the one with the ever-so-slightly droopy leaves. Maybe it's getting just a little too much water so the roots aren't getting enough air? They're young and just getting established so I'd see how they're doing in a week.

BTW, I don't think it's starting to feed too early, it's feeding too much too early. Seedlings can be fed from day 1, but the nutes should be diluted "baby formula." ;)

I would be curious to see how your new setup does if you start a grow journal at Journals in Progress.

I believe I found my problem. The net pot I had it in was all Coco that was soaked in water. I had to make the tough call and uproot my baby And fill the pot with perlite/ecp. Well see how she (hopefully) looks in a few days

Back
Top Bottom