2009 - Medical Marijuana in North Carolina

Our goal is to collect 100,000 signatures! If you print out copies, please mail the signed forms to:
NCCPN
42 Edgerton Rd
Mill Spring, NC 28767

DEADLINE FOR PETITIONS:
We need all petitions in to headquarters by January 31st. We will be taking them to the Speaker of the House at the beginning of February and letting him know that every house member is up for reelection and we want this bill passed!

Hey folks, do the petitions have to be there or do they need to be sent by the 31st? I have 4 pages filled out now, but if there's time for more I will keep asking. Keep on keepin on!

The deadline for petetions has been extended till May1st. So keep getting them signed.

I am not sure how many we have as of yet. Jean has been traveling the state getting patient videos, attending meetings, talking to representatives. Busy busy busy. I will see what I can find out. Peace and Love.

This is sad, whats wrong people? I just checked on sig's and it seems that they are way off from what I have been hearing from people saying that they have so many filled out. Approx. 500 signatures have been mailed in as of yesterday evening I have heard that people have 100 sigs here and 200 there plus the petitions I myself have hand delivered. I have heard of way more sig's than we actually have. If you only get a few thats better than none at all.

This is our 1st amendment right people, there are sick and dying patients through out N.C. that need this bill. Just recently the oldest patient passed before seeing this bill pass. HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO DIE BEFORE WE GET OFF OUR @$$3$ AND DO WHAT WE CAN?

Anyways please get motivated I am sick and tired of workin night and day to get people informed and petitions signed, to have people sit around and do nothin. Its easy print off petitions and start getting them signed.

To those who have sent in petitions or helped in any way THANK YOU SO MUCH Thanks Soniq for everything we at the NCCPN Apprecciate all that you have done for our patients.

the only way that a huge number of signatures on any petition can be had, is with large amounts of media exposure, and hundreds of people ( can you say college NC students?) I'm afraid such a small organization of a couple of hundred people just can't deliver that many signatures on anything. I have a hard time understanding why more people in NC don't know about the bill, ESPECIALLY with all the damn colleges we have here in NC! that's thousands of young folks who, if they knew about the bill would be more proactive. Is there any way to have canvassers out at the colleges trying to get signatures? Don't we have norml chapters at almost all the colleges?

And a permanent blurb on the home pages of the main MJ, and MMJ websites wouldn't hurt either. (norml, asa etc. etc. etc.) as many as possible

We should at least get the clipboards to all the head shops. I'm a wee bit past college age, but yeah, we need some college students to make the rounds

Who's up for it?

yeah, i'm in my 40's and unable to get around

yeah every norml chapter at the colleges needs to be in constant contact with nccpn folks, and have them get all their friends that like to smoke who arent in college sign as well

Thats a good idea head shops. I have run into problems with this though as they cannot discuss or have any references about Cannabis due to laws governing the business. However if you can get away with it by all means like Larry the Cable Guy says Git r Done.

College kids get the word out get those signatures, lets get this bill passed.

If there are any patients out there willing to be filmed, the NCCPN is traveling the state filming patient testimonies, please contact the NCCPN for more info on setting up a time to come videotape you. These videos will be used to promote HB1380 and will be shown to our state reps.

Thank you for all you are doing and what you have done. If you havent done anything WHATS YOUR PROBLEM? Get off your duff's and help us get this bill passed PLEASE. Its our 1st Amendment right (Remember The Constitution? 1st Amendment FREEDOM OF SPEECH)

Thats a good idea head shops. I have run into problems with this though as they cannot discuss or have any references about Cannabis due to laws governing the business. However if you can get away with it by all means like Larry the Cable Guy says Git r Done.

College kids get the word out get those signatures, lets get this bill passed.

If there are any patients out there willing to be filmed, the NCCPN is traveling the state filming patient testimonies, please contact the NCCPN for more info on setting up a time to come videotape you. These videos will be used to promote HB1380 and will be shown to our state reps.

Thank you for all you are doing and what you have done. If you havent done anything WHATS YOUR PROBLEM? Get off your duff's and help us get this bill passed PLEASE. Its our 1st Amendment right (Remember The Constitution? 1st Amendment FREEDOM OF SPEECH)

The NCCPN needs to have some type of formal ties to the colleges either thru norml.org chapters, or something so there is activity at the colleges. the general public as a rule has no idea as to what is going on with the bill, heck i bet 98% of the residents of NC haven't even heard of the bill before. it's unfortunate that we can't get more formal exposure (TV, radio etc. etc.) but i know that costs money, and we don't have any...sad, sad, sad

^^ Maybe a press release from NCCPN announcing the petition drive.

This could be sent to MPP, we'd probably post the news story here as well. You might get a local reporter to pick up on it and generate some interest.

I know what you mean about head shops not being able to discuss it, but as a petition on a clipboard - maybe they'd go for it. Could even put something on the clipboard that said - for our mutual safety and to ensure we remain compliant with the law, please do not discuss Cannabis in this store.

I just found this. I've lived here for almost 30 years (and in Jesse Helms' favorite radical 'ville, to boot), and never heard a thing. Sorry for the political inactivism.

Any thing new?:peace:

I just read a May 17th posting by Rebecca Forbes president of NCCPN that things were still cooking & over 3000 sig's were delivered to Joe Hackney speaker of the NC House this month.

well if thats the case then she is simply ignorant on her part. I mean with the economy the way it is...how would legalizing MMJ not help? or even better Hemp? Both of which would provide an instant increase in state revenues come harvest, and compared to the amount of money you would be spending to get it started, it would be profitable after the first season, I mean how much does Hemp and MMJ seeds cost? Hardly anything. How much does it cost to plant said seeds..nothing, but manual labor. plus hemp and I would assume MJ does the same thing as far as they dont rob the soil of helpful nutes so you could grow year after year and it takes up less space then say Tobacco and Cotton, and Pine Forests (which takes years to be mature enough to harvest) that rob the soil of nutes and you have to rotate those three crops. If any gov wont pass this, then they are ignorant, and are listening to the wrong ppl IE the tobacco and cotton execs who think they would be hurt by the cultivation of hemp and pot...I mean i could see RJ Reynolds (from my home town of WS, NC) turing profit immediately if they would start to grow this stuff..maybe not 100% full hemp.pot right away, but eventually shifting over to maybe 60/40 tobacco to Hemp.pot growing...because if MMJ ever does become legal in the US, you know someone will want their hands in the profit and who better then tobacco companies who are already set up to process such items as MMJ cigs and cigars..

I am circulating petitions, but being openly active is something I have to consider more. The old bite my nose off thing... it took me months to actually join 420. Contacting my reps is done.

Back
Top Bottom