24/0 to 18/6 triggered flowering. What are my options?

MadameCrash

Hi All! Seems I have kind of a strange situation going on here, and could really use some advice. Last week a friend of mine gave me 5 18 day old plants. He started them from seeds under 4 48" shop flouros on 24/0. They were really spindly and stretchy, but otherwise healthy. They did not show any signs of stress being put under my combo 400wMH enhanced blue + 600wHPS lamp 24/0. Anyway,...2 days ago I switched the cycle from 24/0 to 18/6 and this morning to my surprise a little white hair caught my eye! Yup, All 5 have started to flower at 23 days old from SEED after switching to an 18/6 light schedule. :hmmmm: (3 boys, 2 girls btw) Cool right? Welll...... this is where it gets muddy.

I'm a noob grower, and my grow room has been nothing but bananas up to this point (except for 1 retarded midget lowryder female.) So I really want to clone any females I do get. Well, now I finally have 2 but no nodes mature enough yet to clone. :trance: :trance: Plus I can't revert back to 24/0 because I got like 15 other plants vegging happily in there that I don't want to screw up ......AARRGH (my luck they'll be 15 boys):thedoubletake::trance:

So what are my options? Won't they be too far into flowering to clone by the time there are branches mature enough to clip? If cloning is out, should I just let the girls keep flowering on 18/6? or just go for it and move them to 12/12? (cover them w/paper bags and move out of the room each cycle. pain in the ass, but I've done it before..)

Sorry about this freakin novel of a post, but this one is waaaaay outta my league. :allgood: Madamecrash

Female A
unknown-female-A-1.jpg

Female B
unknown-female-B.jpg

Pistils
female-A-pistils_405563.jpg

Room
room1.jpg

Strains -They are either purple widow, white rhino, and/or Honeymoon. My friend lost track of what plant was what, but my guess is that these girls are both Purple Widow. All are now 23-24 days old. (3rd night of 18/6)

Sorry, I'm a newbie too, so I can't help you w/your problem, but I did want to say that you have a nice set up man.
Vin

Thanks Vin. It's a pretty small space. The pic makes it look much larger than it is. Ventilation has been a MAJOR prob until recently. (blower fan has helped, but I still can't close the door.)

If they preflowered at such a young age cloning might be diffacult. Looks like a genetic problem. That is a problem with a unstable hybrid or inbreeding.Its more common with clones. You are going to have to let them get bigger before you can do anything else.
Just keep doing what your doing, the preflowers should stay small until you start the flower cycle.

Okay cool. Thanks Urdedpal. If for some freakish reason they do not stay small, should I just flip em to 12/12 or let them keep going on 18/6?

Back
Top Bottom