24 Hour Light Cycle?

TheCrimsonQueen

Is it safe for my plants to have a 24 hour light cycle during vegitative? Will that wear my poor little children out? Any help would be very appreciated!

-LJ-

no, it wont hurt the plants but it is also good to give them atleast a 1 hour break every 24 so you dont scorch them and to give them a break like every other day have a 24 hour period, that would probrably work out good

Well, I also read that the slower they grow, the more potent it should become. So if you think growing them fast is a good idea.. go ahead but I'd experiment and see if it's true that they'd come out more potent with resin on their leaves and all. When only growing slow, but make the focus mostly on the leaves and flowers, and the stems don't get as much attention.

im growing with 24 hour light cycle right now and my plant is vegging big with little branches and the brances on those are not aligned and are like stairs does this mean it is in need of flowering? if i choose to veg a little longer to improve size will it delay or shorten flowering/size.

she is doing better now and im only using a cp flourescent twist 150w 2700 lumen output, 1 33 watt warm white 28' tube 800 lumens and a 15w cool blue floursescent and i have seen nice results using perlite and soil mix, oxymycotes or whatever teh little yellow balls,Tomato (cant stress TOMATO enough) miracle grow, and Ammonium Nitrate 21-0-02 24.due to cold weather in Az HAHA!! for once shes popped out one preflowering to let me know shes a fem bagseed really really good bud though sweet skunk..im hoping on letting her vegg until she makes a nice canopy then ill switch to 12/12 and crank the K drop the N. i used half of the time 24hours on and then switched to 18/6. this is my second grow for personal reasons only and i think someone is watching over me...

NL I used 24 hour light full spectrum from seedlings through harvest. One plant made it to a decent harvest. There were 4 other plants. 3 of those plants were showing signs of very slow to no growth. One other plant was doing ok but could've been better and was near harvesting. I decided to go with the 16 hours on 4 hours off cycle. In just a day and a half all the plants show signs of growth and they're smelling a lot better too. It also kept the temperature down in my tent and helped even out the humidity.

I was a believer in 24 hours of light for autos. After how Ive seen my plants turn out I'd recommend the lights be off for 4 hours a day. I'm sure the auto's can go 24 hours but not sustained all the way through. I think even the autos need the break in light. I'd think you could blast autos with 24 hours of light for say a week. If you're plants have become slow to grow. Changing it up probably be for the good with autos.

For me I'm off the 24 hour light for autos bandwagon and on the 4+ hours off per day bandwagon.

It may differ from grow to grow. I keep my Stardawg photo (during veg) and Amnesia Haze auto on a 24/0 schedule and they have grown strong and fast. But, I also use 300W LED lights, so it doesn't affect them the same way 24 hours of other types of light might. This is the only way I've done it so for all I know 20/4 may be better since I havent been able to personally compare it.

I just did this by mistake - I've been vegging 2 plants for a little over a month on what I thought was a 18-6 schedule . It turns out the override on the time was on and they were receiving 24 light. Had the dark cycle set to time I was at work and never noticed. My observations are the plants are quite stout, very little stretch and very bushy. There doesn't seem to be enough room between the nodes.
I will be switching them to 18-6 , from what I've seen with these plants is it did not help.

I just did this by mistake - I've been vegging 2 plants for a little over a month on what I thought was a 18-6 schedule . It turns out the override on the time was on and they were receiving 24 light. Had the dark cycle set to time I was at work and never noticed. My observations are the plants are quite stout, very little stretch and very bushy. There doesn't seem to be enough room between the nodes.
I will be switching them to 18-6 , from what I've seen with these plants is it did not help.
What size of pots do you have it could be a reason for being stout also, But ya I think every living thing even plants need sleep. Also it will stretch about double its size when you switch to flower so make sure you have enough room or trim the leaves before you switch.

What size of pots do you have it could be a reason for being stout also, But ya I think every living thing even plants need sleep. Also it will stretch about double its size when you switch to flower so make sure you have enough room or trim the leaves before you switch.
They are in 5 gal with coco and perlite - I agree Everything needs at least a little rest.

Back
Top Bottom