24x30inch area accompanied by 4 plants 2 weeks into flower - 400w vs 600w?

bcuz92

My grow area is 24 inches deep and 30 inches wide and there are 4 plants 2 weeks into flower... I have a 600 watt dimmable ballast and I have the ballast set at 400watts.... someone told me that you only need so much light and it becomes a waste after too much but do you think that a 24 by 30 inch area could use a 600 watt or do you think 400 is plenty? I just think that if I can potentially get 200 more grams boosting my ballast up to 600 then why not... but if the chances of boosting the harvest significantly aren't there then I will just stay at 400... Opinions..this is mu first indoor grow btw.. Plants are healthy no burn check out my grow log if u have the chance on my profile under my signature.

Thank ya mate

400 will work but can not achieve optimal intensity which is different than coverage. A 600 can achieve optimal intensity at the right distance giving maximum growth rate.

As stated above if you can dump the heat and maintain the proper distance I would go with 600. Heat is one factor. too close and you can cause sunburn too. I can't remember proper distance for a 600 and it matters if it is SE or DE but if you look on the interwebs you can find that out.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom