250w or 400w hps/mh

truegreenlove

I am debating on either buying a 250w or a 400w hps/mh. The prices are exactly the same. My box is going to be 2w x 2l x 4h. I have a 4in inline fan exhausting about 170cfm and for intake i have two cpu fans running 100cfm total. I also have an isolating fan inside my box. My general question is will i be able to control the heat of a 400w or will i have to down grade to a 250w. Opinions welcome.

im using a 400w HPS in a 6w x 6l x 10h room and its a bitch to keep that thing under 85* with the lights on. I'd recommend the 250w if you MUST have HID lighting, but what about CFL? Have you looked into it? There was an article I read a while back in High Times about a guy who flowered 5 of his own plants under a T5 system in 3 months, and put out a little over 6 ounces of QUALITY meds. T5's arent compact fluorescent, but maybe look into it. Remember that the lighting you want is all about the amount of lumens it puts out. Look around the grow journals for some CFL grows, and check the results. You'd be suprised what you can do in a small area with a little bit of money. Good luck!

250. you just dont want the hassle of fighting off the high temps. Also the possibility of adding cfl's to help light penetration for lower branches is always there. I am about to be in the same size area as you so we are definitely having the same issues. Hope all goes well!

I use a 400w light in a cool-tube and I run the fan through it all the time when light is on I get temp of 70-75f from what I have read this is the right temp, I would go for 250w if I was in house but because mine is outside in back shed its a lot cooler there

Back
Top Bottom