3 CFL's over kill?

illtimmer

Is there a such thing as too much light. I started the flowering cycle w/ not enough light. Now I'm wondering if I might be using too much. I have one beautiful looking female indica strain flowering nicely now-but, I know I over analyize and need some feedback or advice. I'm using three 68watt CFL's (equiv' to 300watt) Just worried I may be over doing it...they are bright as f@ck. I have 2 basically on each side of the top flower (2 on top/1 midway down). Any suggestions, or am I doing o kay??? THX

Nice_Flower.jpg

Re: 3 CFL's...over kill?

No man there is no such thing as to much light (well technically there is but you're way below it. Think multiple 1000 watt HPS bulbs.) ;) You're plant will thrive under your lights, I say great job!

Re: 3 CFL's...over kill?

No man there is no such thing as to much light (well technically there is but you're way below it. Think multiple 1000 watt HPS bulbs.) ;) You're plant will thrive under your lights, I say great job!

thank you...that pic above is the plant...i just tried to clone 3 of the undergrowth branches to keep it going...cuz it is looking delicious...thc on the leaves and all now

looks great...we're use 5 of those same bulbs for two plants,,,if we could fit more we would...

We usually take out clones before the plant goes to flower...I hear you can after but I've never tried....let us know how you make out with the clones...

they're huge arent they...I do know as soon as I bought the first one the plant started flowering 3 days later...and thats after 3-4 weeks with no luck (not enough light)

the clones are my first attempt at that...i knew your supposed to do it during the veg...but its a little too late and i read that you could...im just gonna give it like 18-20 hrs with a blue fluorescent for a few weeks...I just did it last evening and they seem to be alive...the leaves are wilted a bit, but the branch itself is still upright and looking to be ok for the most part...do you know if I should water the hell out of it...the cut was clean and I used root enhancer powder.

they're huge arent they...I do know as soon as I bought the first one the plant started flowering 3 days later...and thats after 3-4 weeks with no luck (not enough light)

the clones are my first attempt at that...i knew your supposed to do it during the veg...but its a little too late and i read that you could...im just gonna give it like 18-20 hrs with a blue fluorescent for a few weeks...I just did it last evening and they seem to be alive...the leaves are wilted a bit, but the branch itself is still upright and looking to be ok for the most part...do you know if I should water the hell out of it...the cut was clean and I used root enhancer powder.
Water the soil as you normally would with big plants, but do keep the clones misted. I took clones when my plants were on their 8th week of flowering, I'm sure yours will do fine.

Water the soil as you normally would with big plants, but do keep the clones misted. I took clones when my plants were on their 8th week of flowering, I'm sure yours will do fine.

should I keep light on 24hrs...whatcha suggest

good deal

alright...im misting them daily and watering em too...how long til they start to grow u think?

As far as your light question, I burn eight 42W CFL's (21000 lumens) over my single LST plant grows. Like the dfw-guy says, no such thing as too much light.

good cause i got 2- 400 watt hps one w/ conversion MH lamp (ushio 7500k).
2-65 watt 6500k, 2-42 watt 2700k's, and 10-26 watt 5000k's and 6500ks, 3 4100ks.
i tried to make my own color spectrum. so far so good.
good luck illtimmer with you grow.

my clones take root i put then in a small cup of soil, i use clear cups you can the roots grow, then i put in big pot takes me about 3 weeks, then i put in my grow room. makes me very happy.

dude if you think the 68s are huge, i bought 3 100watters and holy sheeet these things are like torpedos, bigger than my forarm, or my arm for that matter lol, they're huggggggggge

good cause i got 2- 400 watt hps one w/ conversion MH lamp (ushio 7500k).
2-65 watt 6500k, 2-42 watt 2700k's, and 10-26 watt 5000k's and 6500ks, 3 4100ks.
i tried to make my own color spectrum. so far so good.
good luck illtimmer with you grow.

thx...I'm pretty excited about the three clones...2 out of the 3 are looking great...the other one is so so...but, I went into it praying I get one because my mature flowering mama is looking so so good...to me anyways

dude if you think the 68s are huge, i bought 3 100watters and holy sheeet these things are like torpedos, bigger than my forarm, or my arm for that matter lol, they're huggggggggge

damn...I thought mine were as big as they got...I gotta google this shit...now of course...with the money I put into it, I probably coulda gotta HPS set up...ha ha

Back
Top Bottom