3 Weeks Into My First: Sharing Where I Am At!

Markup

420 Member
OK, here I go with the beginning of my very first Grow Journal. It’s took me a while, I am the novice of the novices. But, I’m getting such enormous satisfaction out of seeing the growth rate of my “New Kids” over the last 3/12 weeks that I want to document it. I will bore experienced guys n gals on 402 but there may be first timers like me, who will see what I am doing which is working – or otherwise – and cue off me from there.

‘fore I start, thank you so much to @013 for taking time to help me in saving my whole grow when I found out that 9 plants were actually male... and for being so generous to a total stranger in showing me a sure-fire fix to white marks on my leaves... and encouraging me to keep on keeping on – CHEERS BRO!

So, here’s my start, my growing up school brother was badly injured overseas and has been shipped over to Sweden for exploratory procedures on his spine. It will be a long time before we know anything concrete so I undertook to try to keep his side passion alive for his wife n kids... and I knew/know absolutely Jack about growing!

My first foray was in two stages. The first stage was just sitting on his attic floor and taking notes of everything I could see and making little maps of how everything fitted together. My second was of me sneaking out the back of the house and scrambling over fences carrying bags and boxes of all the kit I will list below, while the Army Family liaison Support were trying to get through her front door to offer her comfort and a cup of tea n sympathy... It was a fiasco, but it worked alright.

I’ll write out where I am and then I will put some captioned pics afterward, and if you are as new as I am I will do my best to steer you right cause this has been hard graft that I wouldn’t wish on my enemy unnecessarily.

I have:

Hollow tubed frame tent. 11’x9’ They are black canvas with rubberised zip entrances on two sides, and have zip-lockable/adjustable vents on 4 surfaces of a silverised interior wall surface. They are erected with hollow aluminium cubic tubular frames, which are a piece of piss to put together if you study them in situ somewhere. Anyone just starting out should go to a shop and take pics cause I would imagine they’d be pretty time consuming to assemble otherwise.

Everything is grown in plastic buckets filled about 2/3s up with soil. He had a special grow soil called canna, but when I looked at the composition of it on the back of the bag, I saw nothing distinguishable from stuff in the garden centre that i had checked out on route to his house, so I just went to my local Garden centre and brought decent standard gardeners bags of soil for half the price. (read the labels and ingredients on everything you buy, I don’t buy anything in England obviously, but the canne Flores I’m using and drive to Holland to buy is exactly the same as Canna A and B (two ingredient mix) in UK shops, It’s much less money per litre, so it’s worth taking note of what’s in what.

I have 2 lights in each tent, fed by 2 ballasts that have an adjustable knob on each that can set the range of light intensity from 200.400.600 watts. All of them are individually (but synchronously) controlled by a perfectly functional cheap tick tock timer that I bought in Holland for 7 Euros each.

I have two fans in the tent I am concentrating on now, one is fixed and one is oscillating.

I have Good quality filters in all the tents, married to aluminium corrugated tubing, the inlet positioned at an open window outage and then coming into the tent.

I bought a “Root Booster” additive, shogun Katana roots that I used just after planting the clones (I will image and detail that too)

I then used shogun boost. I will document the amounts and frequency of application in the next day or so cause it may help.

I’m no expert but I must be doing something OK cause after 3wks and 5 days the plants are 3 foot tall and looking lovely. I have 10 plants in the one tent, they look pretty crowded but they also look healthy so I will leave them at that for now cause it saves on the expense of lights, fans filters etc

I have a tendency to ramble on, but will be more specific about detail only from here on in... I wish you luck, wish me luck.
Mark

Welcome to the journal section markup. sry to hear about the 8 male plants but the good thing is that 013 told you about them so you don't have to spend more time on them. Well atleast if your not looking to grow beans.
it be interesting to see this solid setup you've got going.

Welcome to the journal section markup. sry to hear about the 8 male plants but the good thing is that 013 told you about them so you don't have to spend more time on them. Well atleast if your not looking to grow beans.
it be interesting to see this solid setup you've got going.
Cheers PK
I'm just sorting through some pics that I've taken and will have them up by days end. :ciao:
Hey Markup,

Its really cool that you are helping your friend and his family during a most difficult time. I didn’t do anything special but I’m so glad you have plugged in here. This community is amazing and help is always at hand....
Well it was special to me 013 friend, especially as I now know that I had not followed posting guidelines to introduce myself first and just dived in looking for help, and within minutes you was the difference between my scrapping everything and starting again. Be well buddy! (Pics this evening Bro).

Back
Top Bottom