4 weeks with some terrible clones

Dolores Park

It was so hard to find Clones this year! I was afraid that I actually might miss the start of May, which is when I always get going. As it was, I had to drive all the way out to Vallejo to buy clones, and the tiny starters in rock wool were hideous and obviously nute burned. The ones in the gallon pots, which they charged an arm and a leg for looked better, but sort of stretched. They are Gelato, an indica dominant hybrid. I was desperate as it was already May 6, so I just did it. I took them out of the soil they were in and put them in coco. I think there was a wee bit of a jolt to them at that point, but they handled it pretty well. I feed them Canna nutes and since I am working from home they get spoiled and are fed 3 times a day. Today is exactly 1 month from when I got them and I am pleased so far. They are starting to show some bright purple colors. One is about a week behind the other in size. I pinched them a bunch to bush out. They dont seem to want to grow too tall.I put them inside under big compact fluorescents from 7PM to 7AM. Then they come out and are placed in the sun at 7am and get their first feeding.And there they stay until I put them to bed at 7PM. I am going to veg them until June 20th, and then I will flip them by turning off the lights when they go to bed from 7pm to 7am. Thats how I have been doing it for a long time. I usually get a pound or so off each of my plants, so I am hoping that is the case this year as well. I only grow once a year and try to make it count!

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    853.7 KB · Views: 129
It was so hard to find Clones this year! I was afraid that I actually might miss the start of May, which is when I always get going. As it was, I had to drive all the way out to Vallejo to buy clones, and the tiny starters in rock wool were hideous and obviously nute burned. The ones in the gallon pots, which they charged an arm and a leg for looked better, but sort of stretched. They are Gelato, an indica dominant hybrid. I was desperate as it was already May 6, so I just did it. I took them out of the soil they were in and put them in coco. I think there was a wee bit of a jolt to them at that point, but they handled it pretty well. I feed them Canna nutes and since I am working from home they get spoiled and are fed 3 times a day. Today is exactly 1 month from when I got them and I am pleased so far. They are starting to show some bright purple colors. One is about a week behind the other in size. I pinched them a bunch to bush out. They dont seem to want to grow too tall.I put them inside under big compact fluorescents from 7PM to 7AM. Then they come out and are placed in the sun at 7am and get their first feeding.And there they stay until I put them to bed at 7PM. I am going to veg them until June 20th, and then I will flip them by turning off the lights when they go to bed from 7pm to 7am. Thats how I have been doing it for a long time. I usually get a pound or so off each of my plants, so I am hoping that is the case this year as well. I only grow once a year and try to make it count!

What's the reason for the purple in your opinion?

What's the reason for the purple in your opinion?
The genetics of the plant express their purple color often times when they are exposed to cold. I've grown plants that were literally black, with super dense black nuggets. Its the plant genetics, the food I feed them and the Bay Area weather. The last time I grew Gelato they turned all red and orange before harvest. most beautiful fall colors I've ever had on my plants.

IMG_2570.jpeg

this is more like it. I put them into flower 2 nights ago. You can already see the tips fluorescing. I took this shot before I started clearing out the center of the plant for improved airflow and better growth where it counts. These plants packed on growth in 6 weeks! I saw no need to veg them any further. Let the flowering commence!

Back
Top Bottom