4th week flowering - 3 of 7 plants wilting

AcesFull

Hi 420. I hope everyone is doing well tonight.

I am hoping to get help on the problem I'm having with my first grow.

We're into our 4th week of flowering White Widows under 1000w HPS. This garden has a total of 7 plants. (r.i.p. #8, I didn't mean to drop a fan on you. Your clone is doing fine)

I use GH nutes and follow a schedule found here in the FAQ so I doubt they've been over nuted. At first (a week ago) I suspected they'd been overwatered. That's what noobs do, right? So I let them dry out before watering again.

No help. When I moderately watered again there was no change.

Then, three nights ago (I work at night, sleep til noon, u know the drill) I decided that a good flushing was in order. Now the soil (Roots Organic by Aurora) is getting dry again and I should think about watering them again definitely tomorrow night at the latest.

Poor girls haven't shown signs of either improving or getting worse. They're just stuck in this weird droopy mode and I'm concerned.

The buds on the three sad plants are darker than the ones on the other four healthy as a hog plants. I want to make them happy again. I'll take them on a trip to Disney Land and buy them ice cream, chili dogs, and cotton candy all weekend if that's what they want.

Please help before I do just that. hahaha.

Here are some pics:

IMG_003910.JPG

IMG_004010.JPG

IMG_003413.JPG

:peace:

I'd love to hear the responses, I get this occasionally but just on one or two very bottom leaves here and there, so I never worried. I kinda wondered if maybe it was a small PH trip or something (I haven't tested mine). Like yours, I have great, healthy looking leaves/growth, so I think its similar but different degrees. You didn't mention PH, do you know/test?

I do. I have the PH1 tester and keep everything at 6.5. When I flushed them a couple nights ago I used the garden hose outside and that water is 7.3 or 7.4 depending on whether I hold the tester with my right hand vs. left hand lol. All science here, lemme tell ya. :)

They are def in some kind of trouble cuz the buds are darker thoughout the sad plants, not the brilliant white (White Widow ldo) the other happy campers are.

Thanks for reading this. I hope both of our worries can be solved in this thread.

:grinjoint:

Schedule or no, those look over nuted.

Just for S&G try this. No flush, just water as normal for a week or so with no nutes.

Do water well to runoff and allow to dry. No little 'sips', just the wet/dry cycle.

Bet they perk up once they finish what's on their plate.

DD

Here's a pic of my leaf curl-

11_10_001.jpg

Like I said, I only get it here and there (but consistently batch to batch), this plant only has this one lower branch with curl and there are 1 or 2 more with just one lower branch. It does look similar tho, and I know mine has nothing to do with too much nutes.

Just watered with str8 water ph'ed and a tiny bit of SuperThrive for good luck. I'll post results in a few days. Thanks a ton for the advice.

My girls are ending the first week of bloom and found that the new growth around the buds looked a lot like this yesterday.I checked my temps and found that it had hit 84 at some point so I raised my lights a bit and they seem a lot happier today..How are your temps?

What's up Aces. I had identical symptoms a few days ago. I wasn't too concerned because there were no brown tips. But I accidentaly fixed the problem while working on the other problems. My soil tested way acidic with a soil tester, even though the runoff tested more normal. I added some calcium carbonate with my next watering(from a source I will not admit to) after a good flushing and now the leaves are standing straight out, angled slightly upward. Okay okay it was two antacid tablets cruched and mixed into the top layer of soil. I didn't have any lime. Are you using MG by the way? I also think my soil was over fertilized from the built in nutes.

Thanks for stopping by believer and kfs. I appreciate it.

I just reset the min/max of the hygrometer. At some point I hit 89. Not sure when that could have been, possibly when I first got the unit and was goofing around with it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get over 82ish in the box. I will def keep an eye on that starting now.

Not sure what MG is. I'm a noob and this is my first grow. That's my disclaimer for being a nimwit. :)

I don't have a soil tester, just a water PH1 tester. Maybe I should go grab one tomorrow. I didn't test the runoff when I flushed them which I now regret.

It's been 24 hours since feeding them str8 water + SuperThrive and some leaves on the top are now straight. Overall, they look happier than the pics above in the OP, but not by a huge margin. Anything in the positive direction is good though, right? Patience is probably key right now.

Crossing my fingers.

I would get a digital PH water meter rather then the soil meter... ( though I do use both )...... I just find the water meter to be a bit more accurate then the soil meter but that is probably just a preference thing......Oh,and since I moved the lights up a bit she is starting to look like her nine pretty sisters again... ;)

Update: We're entering Week 6 of flowering. I've not fed the three sick plants nutes, just PH'ed water and a tiny bit of h2o2. I might have sneaked in a very very diluted sip of nutes one night while feeling somewhat overly compassionate. Happens I guess.

They are alive. That is all. They are nowhere near the other plants in terms of bud progress. Here are some pics. One of a stem which represents most stems on all three and a few snapshots of the root system on one of the plants.

Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_00477.JPG

IMG_005016.JPG

IMG_004915.JPG

IMG_004613.JPG

They are def in some kind of trouble cuz the buds are darker thoughout the sad plants, not the brilliant white (White Widow ldo) the other happy campers are.

:grinjoint:

Well Darker leaves is a sign of nitrogen toxicity and as they are flowering and you have mentioned that there is no visible sign of changed in the plants I think you already have the key symptoms identified , in the plant problem solver delay in flowering as well as dark leaves is a sign of being close to having nitrogen toxiccity or well on the way,

Well Darker leaves is a sign of nitrogen toxicity and as they are flowering and you have mentioned that there is no visible sign of changed in the plants I think you already have the key symptoms identified , in the plant problem solver delay in flowering as well as dark leaves is a sign of being close to having nitrogen toxiccity or well on the way,

Cateros, is it necessary if using a 3 part nute system to use all three during flowering? Or should you mainly use bloom and some gro or micro? This may help avoid the extra nitro toxicity during flowering. I'm not sure as I am a new grower but maybe you can shed light on this for all of us during flowering. Thanks.

nope actually one of the most used nutrient mixes for gh nutes is the lucas formula which is 8ml micro 16ml bloom and 0ml grow all thru veg and flower maybe adding floralicious plus during veg and maybe koolbloom or something similar during flower .

That's mighty eye opening Cateros. Thank you very much for stopping by. I just googled the lucas formula and now have some reading to do. :thanks:

By using all three parts, I've indeed over nitro'ed the poor things.

I just hope they snap out of it soon.

Back
Top Bottom