4x4 hydroton flood tub grow questions

castaway

Hey Everyone,

Im starting my second attempt at my 4x4 flood and drain grow. Im using 2 1000 watt lights over 2 4x4 tubs in a 10x11 room, one MH one Hps for veg then 2 HPS's for flowering. Last round I filled the 4x4 tubs full of hydroton and used 2 -25 gallon reservoirs to flood the tubs. Used all Botanicare and some others for supplements. I used 20 gallon tank Co2 with timer set at 15min on 15min off at 1.5 cubic part per square foot. I was flooding 3-4 times per light cycle. I put 14 plants in one 16 in the other. When the room was cool staying under 80F I pulled roughly 1.8lbs off this system. Then I tried it again over summer used same setup but only ran 12 in each tub. My room temp was much warmer and my res temps were staying well over 80 degrees. I had no AC and finally after 2 months never had any growth in the plants. I scrapped that round and cut my losses. I blame the heat for damaging and inhibiting good root growth. I added an AC to the room for this next round, but now the air temp is cooling and I may not need to even run it.

Draw back with this system was 2 44gallon trash cans full of Hydroton to clean. 50 gallons of feed water every for 22 plants evry 7-10 days. Got expensive with Botanicare. And my heafty electric bill.

I am thinking about filling 9 -3 gallon buckets full of hyroton and running drip lines to them and setting them in my tubs. This would cut down the amount of hydroton needed and would allow me to downsize the res since I will not need to flood that big ass tub. I already have buckets and Hydroton. Just need some drip lines.

My questions are- should I use a drain to waste or recovery for a bucket drip system?
I want to increase my yield as well.
Is Hydroton a good medium for the drip buckets?
What is a good yield for 2 100 watts?
Should I stick with the tubs full of hydroton or do buckets with drips?
Im looking for any feedback.
Please feel free to comment.
I need help from the community.

Thanks again!
plant74.jpg

plant-51.jpg

plant-41.jpg

PK-BED.jpg

2-1000-pk-hs2.jpg

2-1000-pk-hs-top-web1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom