6 or 9 - How long veg Critical Kush

coralman

really struggling to decide between 6 plants trained or 9 plants standard (possible training if theres room) how long veg for 6 and how long veg for 9 to fill a 5x5 space, heres my set up...

1.5x1.5x1.8 grow qube
1000w dual spectrum
all the usual fans filters etc...

Critical Kush
20litre pots
soil
foxfarm nutes

i no 6 plants will need vegging for longer but on average do 6 plants trained and vegged for longer yield more than 9 standard plants shorter veg time? Also what sort of veg time am i looking at for each, dont want to be overcrowded but dont want to cut myself short and ruin yield.

i no there is no exact answer but just would like peoples input to help me decide

thanks

really struggling to decide between 6 plants trained or 9 plants standard (possible training if theres room) how long veg for 6 and how long veg for 9 to fill a 5x5 space, heres my set up...

1.5x1.5x1.8 grow qube
1000w dual spectrum
all the usual fans filters etc...

Critical Kush
20litre pots
soil
foxfarm nutes

i no 6 plants will need vegging for longer but on average do 6 plants trained and vegged for longer yield more than 9 standard plants shorter veg time? Also what sort of veg time am i looking at for each, dont want to be overcrowded but dont want to cut myself short and ruin yield.

i no there is no exact answer but just would like peoples input to help me decide

thanks

Since you're limited by height, I would definitely train them, you'll get better yield than if you let them grow naturally. They can double or even triple in height when you flip to flower, so go by that as far as when to go 12/12

Hi coralman and welcome

I would take 9 trained and veg 6-8 weeks.
Keep them at 50cm max I got some kush that stretch 3x.
More training means more tops with less stretch.

I had a 1,5 x 1,5 tent with 9 plants and 5 x 20l and 4 x 30l pots.

9 plants in a 1.5 m by 1.5 m area should not be great problem but might suggest training method used which may cause problems of over crowding.

It is a fine line to draw depending on training style which may prolong veg & yield to how many plants tho.

I've been playing around with training a little & my own tent is 90 cm by 90 cm by 180 cm with a 400 w hps with temp/climate pretty well dialled in.

On average i prefer to grow natural from seed & veg between to 6 to 8 weeks & flip to flowering when some where between 12 to 18 inch tall to allow for stretch, i would take note on strain & research for height characteristic's tho as to give a hint on what i'm going to expect... On a side note every strain grows slightly differently so ye a real learning curve once ya gone through few or so !

This on average with my set up would yield aprox 2 oz dry per plant grown natural with 4 plants in that space mentioned above & this may change to other grows / conditions etc, we are not all the same.

I've also messed about with LST & topping combined & may look around at 12 weeks of veg may be a little less, topping at every branch/node point just once will cause two additional new colas you can see the potential here ah... well don't always work out in the best ways tho due to increased veg time & size of plant. In my own case 12 weeks veg average with lst/topping these plants would take up some 60% plus of my tent space so i can only really squeeze one in my tent & have had yields between 5 to 7 oz dry strain dependent tho... slightly lower yield from grown natural with 4 plants ah.

Ya soon work out what is the faster turn over between the two methods above but that is just my experience tho with my own set up !

Note - The only thing about topping each limb is that it doe's reduce stretch once in flowering but you need some several of inch of regrowth for it work out yield rise & means longer veg time.

Yup messed around with SOG before & done 9 plants in that little tent with smaller pots with clones, well clones don't show the same vigor in growth from a plant grown from seed so a little less stretch from what i've seen. So ye double the plants more or less from past grows but more plants equals risk if some one comes knocking ya know what i mean another fine line to walk... these where vegged about 6 to 8 weeks all average around 1 oz dry from 12 inch plus a little from flip to 12/12... i could of squeezed in few more in with ease tho !

Their is some variation in SOG meaning tho & doesn't mean lots of little plants to fill a space either when scrog could do the same job with less plants once again perhaps long veg with scrog.

In reference to SOG it is about filling out every square foot of ya grow area with cola bearing branches on an equal level for max yield then we see the true meaning of Sea of Green.

Back
Top Bottom